Chapter 4:3: The Outbreak - Operation: Avenging Rushford Part I

Diane and Brock were staying inside Halford Inc. because it wasn’t safe to wander around the infested city under the moonlight. In Randall's room, Brock was eating some food, while Diane was lying on the bed to think for a plan.

"Uuhhmm! Uuhhmm! So good! Diane, I want to buy this stuff. Where did you get this?" Brock asked, while he was munching on the bread rolls.

"Just eat it Brock and build up your strength, because later on, we might not know whether we leave this place or not", Diane replied.

"No Diane, I’m not leaving this place and we should not. Look at all these foods. We won’t be able to find these anywhere here in Rushford, but just here in Halford."

"Brock let me tell you something; first, those bread rolls you’re eating right now have already invaded the supermarkets since two years ago. You just said it because I know you hate shopping. Second, if we stay here for too long, that mediocre you’re referring to will break in, and we won’t be able to feel our bodies ever again. Do you understand me?"

"Yes Wonderwoman", Brock replied, while he was munching.

"Don’t talk while your mouth is full.”

"Sorry."

Suddenly, Diane had just heard a strange noise coming inside the room.

"Have you heard something?” she asked Brock.

"Don’t look at me; you heard my stomach growl back there, when we were being chased by that freak. We ignored every fine restaurant here in Rushford, but luckily, I found these bread rolls; small, but appetizing and scrumptious!" Brock replied, as he continued to munch.

"You talk too much. Someone else is in here."

"Alright, I’ll handle it. Where have you heard it?"

"Just from somewhere here."

The strange noise began to murmur again. Brock signaled Diane that there was someone inside the closet. She went to the side of it, as he opened it slowly.

"Oh!"

Suddenly, an old man emerged from the closet. He was badly injured.

"Who are you? What’s your name?" Brock asked him.

The man was not responding. Diane checked his pulse. It was low.

"Brock, he has a low pulse. Get some towel or anything to apply on his arm for pressure", she told him.

"I’m on it.”

"Brock, get in here now!"

"I’m coming! I’m coming!"

Brock tied the towel around the man's injured arm, as Diane asked him if he was alright.

"Sir, are you okay? Please speak to us.”

The man was perspiring profusely. He seemed to be still in that condition, since his whole team was being dismembered.

"Do you have food and water?" he spoke eventually.

"Brock, give him what he needs", Diane ordered.

The man was having his break. They waited for him to finish his meal. After several minutes, the man spoke:

"Thank you, both of you. You two have just spared my life. I’ve been here in this facility for two hours, until I found some help now."

"So, you’re an RPD police officer", Diane said.

"My name is Ronald Myers, the chief of police officers of the RPD. Who are you? This is my first time that I met you two", he introduced.

"My name is Diane Montgomery, and he’s Brock Ashfield. We work at Rushford Secret Service and Special Ops. We are sent here to retrieve the samples that were being stolen by a Halford spy named Randall Arkline, but we’re already too late now.”