Chapter 6:2: Deliberation - A Contingency Plan Part II

"Colonel Stevenson will be meeting with the President, together with the Secretary of Defense, to launch a contingency plan of putting Rushford City into an end", Leo started to tell the story.

"What? Is that true?" Randall doubtfully asked.

"No doubt about that. They will have a meeting in 72 hours, so right now; it’s Colonel's time to prepare for the said plan."

"There are still survivors lurking around in Rushford right now, I know it. I must get out of here before the plan is approved."

"But Sir, you have no authorization to get out of here. Remember that you’re being held captive now. There’s nothing I can do."

"And so am I, if I stay here for so long and sit on this dirty floor to think of them dying helplessly! You’re the only one who can help me get out of this nightmare!"

Leo started to think deeply, while Randall was begging him.

"Please! You need to trust yourself on this! You are a soldier!"

"But Sir . . ."

"No buts! There are lives at stake! We need to save them while we still can!"

Leo began to keep himself quiet.

"What is your motto in life Leo?" Randall asked him.

"Divide and conquer but survive longer for us to keep ourselves together", he replied.

"Is that the motto of the whole infantry?"

"Yes Sir."

"Do what your motto says. Let us divide and conquer Halford Inc., but let’s still survive in order for us to keep everyone together."

Leo stared at him and he smiled.

"You’re right Sir. I’m a soldier and I’m ready to die with honor. We’ll go back to Rushford to rescue the remaining survivors. I’ll get you out now."

"No, wait. Get us some weapons first before we begin our escape."

"Hey Leo! What is the hold-up? Come on!" somebody shouted from outside.

"Sir, I got to go", he said.

"Remember what I told you. We have to get out of here as quick as possible. Don’t slip your tongue", Randall warned him.

"Don’t worry Sir, I won’t. Trust me on this", he said, as he got back outside.

During the hour, Randall thought about what would be his plans of stopping the Colonel from meeting with the President. He knew that if it would be too late for him to act, Diane and her friends would be wiped off, together with the city. This "impending doom” thing was getting out of hand. He got to get out of there.

He had a plan, but this was merciless. He had to take Colonel out of the equation. He wasn’t a hired killer, but he had to do this for the sake of the lone survivors. Besides, the people of Flintmore shouldn’t be alarmed of any of this.

When Leo would get back with the weapons that he told him to bring with, he would start to make his.

He should destroy Halford Inc., once and for all.