Chapter 5:4: The City At Its Worst - A Journey Of A Lifetime Part I

"Are you now sure that this plan will work?", Brock asked me.

"Doesn't my face look sure to you?", I asked him back.

He kept himself quiet after I spoke, then Diane approached me from behind.

"I wish that everything will be alright. I know that everyone doesn't like to remain here for a long time."

"A promise is a promise. I will all get you out of here"", I said.

"Everybody, listen up. Now's the time that we'll rule the streets again, but not for long because we we'll be moving out of this city soon. First, we need a large transportation to carry us all. Second, we need to store enough food and water for the trip. Third, we need a new set of artillery and equipment because we all know that the infected don't have their curfews. We have a long day ahead, so everyone should cooperate", Chief instructed.

"Move out people! We'll be cruising the city in no time!", Virgil shouted.

Everybody went out to their respective places, as I proceeded outside the airport to find a transport. Here, I could see several parked cars. I strolled along the aisle to check them one by one.

Meanwhile, Brock talked to his sister about something.

"Ashyra, do you know how to use a gun?"

"Yes, I do know, but I'm still a little bit shaky", she replied.

Brock gave her his gun and he taught her how to shoot.

"Follow my stance. Do you see a can over there? Aim at it like this and shut either your left or right eye to get an accurate target. Remember, don't shake yourself while aiming at something. Once you get a clean shot, pull the trigger immediately. Try it", Brock instructed.

Ashyra followed his stance, and then she aimed at the can. She shook herself a little bit, and then eventually pulled the trigger.

"Bang!", a gunshot was heard too close at Bob.

"Hey! Watch who you're shooting at!", he shouted, as he wandered around.

"Sorry Bob!", Ashyra apologized.

"Not like that. Remember also that you don't do friendly fire", Brock warned.

"I'm so sorry. I'm just nervous right now."

"Get on like this, and then raise your limbs at chest level. Hold strongly on the gun, then get a clear shot."

"Like this?", Ashyra asked, as she shot the can without a miss.

"Now that's my sister!", Brock exclaimed boastly.

"Ashyra, can you teach me how you do it? I want to get on the team", Hunnigan begged.

"Me too!", Debbie exclaimed.

"Alright. Follow my lead", Ashyra said.

"Ride on ladies!", Brock shouted.

Suddenly, a sound of a roaring engine was heard, closing in front of them.

"Someone's coming! Take cover!", Virgil shouted.

Everyone dispersed to hide at corners. Apparently, a bus came running in and ignored the obstacles in its way, smashing the few glass windows of the airport.

"Beep, beep!"

"Anyone cares for a ride?", I asked, as I press the horn.

"Are we all set? I think we're ready to go", Diane said.

"Let's do this thing!", Carl shouted.

"Alright! All aboard!", Chief shouted.

"Good news Chief. I've just spotted a shopping mall nearby. I think we could use a hunting spree", I said.

"Alright boys and girls. We're going to shop!", Bob exclaimed.

All of them proceeded to their corresponding seats, but Chief decided to sit next to me.

"Styles, step on it. We need a lion's share of a time to get everything started", he said.

"Loud and clear", I responded.

"Everybody grab onto your seats and strap yourselves in. We're ready for take off", Virgil said.

"Get on it Jay! We're all hungry!", Bob exclaimed.

I stepped on the pedal and drove hastily, making our way along the maze of collided cars and hitting everything in sight.

"Yeah Jacob! Get them all!", Brock exclaimed.

"Hang on guys!", I said, as I made a detour.

I drove past the few infected strolling around the streets. Suddenly, there was more of them come running after us!

"Shoot them all! I can't jiggle them away!"

Everybody started to arm and opened the windows to shoot them.

"Bang!", a gunshot was heard.

"Bang!", and another one. Instantly, more and more of them approached toward us.

"You've got to be kidding me!", Bob exclaimed, while he was shooting at them.

 "Bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang . . . !"

"Save your ammos! Save them for good!", Virgil shouted.

"No doubt about that. They're hungry again. Hang on!", I said.

I made a clean steer to the right and I drove through an alley. A horde of infected blocked us at the open but I wasn't thinking about retreating. Instead, I hit them all hard and I made a power steer to the left, then straight ahead.

"There's the mall that I've been talking about a while ago!"

"Beautiful! I've never been in one of those", Brock amazingly said.

"That's because you hate shopping, right?", Diane said.

"Oh yeah, but that was before."

"Hold on! I'm not thinking about parking here!"

I didn't touch the brake, until I went straight ahead. I thought about dropping them by the pavement and I would get the bus to safety.

"I'm dropping you all for a moment! Meet me elsewhere! Arm yourselves now and bring your bags!"

I stopped at the mall entrance. They immediately evacuated and ran to the mall with flaring guns. Meanwhile, I was thinking about going through the basement.

"Beep, beep!"

"What's he doing?", Brock asked.

"He's distracting them. Come on, go!", Chief shouted.

After several minutes, they already made it inside the mall.

"Wooh! That was close!", Ashyra sighed.

"Wow! Look at all these restaurants! Come on! Let's eat!", Brock surprisingly said.

"Wait! What about Jacob?", Diane asked.

"We wait for him to come back. Come on!", Bob said.

"Alright people. Let's have a break", Virgil said.

"Alright!", they exclaimed in unison.