Chapter 6:6: Deliberation - Leo's Betrayal Part III

It was already 2:00 in the afternoon. While Randall was cruising along the streets of Flintmore, he saw a lot of people strolling along the pavements. Several shops were also seen, waiting to be discovered and to be experienced. The city was truly busy and dependable. He wondered what would happen to this, if Richard didn’t stop promoting his own Science project that was powerful enough to destruct anything.

"It’s beautiful, isn't it?" the driver asked him.

"What are you talking about?" Randall asked.

"The streets pal! I’m talking about the streets! Look at all those smiling faces right there. You see all those people? They love it here."

"Are you sure that they’re all happy to live in here? Are you sure that this place is peaceful and secured enough to house a huge population of people?"

"Man, why are you whacking me up with your own silly questions? Yes, I’m so sure! Colonel Stevenson always guarantees the questions that you ask me. That is why; Flintmore is the best city there is! I love to live in here. My life, my family and my home is Flintmore. Nothing and no one can change that."

"You’re right. Colonel guarantees everything, but he believes in no one and nothing."

"What are you talking about? Have you checked the calendar lately? Today’s the day that he’s going to meet with the most powerful man in the country. I doubt your statement."

"Be sure that you doubt me. You’ll soon find out the opposite of what you’ve just said."

"Man, you better chill. You’re my first passenger of the day. Don’t betray the moment."

Suddenly, Randall didn’t speak any word after that. He felt that he didn’t care of what would happen later, but the word "betray" that the driver said reminded him of looking at his transmitter.

"Here we are pal. Flintmore Park, just what you’ve told me", the driver said.

Hundreds of people were gathered around the area. Several colorful mini-flags decorate the trees. Security was heightened. Several police cars barricaded the affected roads. The policemen were lined up to control the crowd. As he looked up, he saw snipers accommodated the rooftops of the buildings not too far away from the park. Everything seemed to be in order, in waiting for the President.

"Turn right and don’t miss it", Randall told the driver, as he pointed out a corner.

". . . Randall, Randall. Where are you now?" it was Leo again.

"Mister, just drop me there", he told the driver again.

The cab stopped at the corner. As he went out, he saw the infantry very remote from there, beside the center stage.

"Thanks for your time", he told the driver.

Finally, the cab sped away.

". . . Leo, I’m here now on the spot. What will I do next?"

". . . Get inside that building you’re now facing to. Tell the receptionist to get to room 302. Don’t worry, it’s already paid. Just get to that room, when you have the key."

Randall did what he told him to do. He entered the hotel, and he spoke to the receptionist about the room. Then, he got to the third floor and inside the room.

He locked the door and passed by the window. He could see the whole stage from there. He opened up the bag and brought out the sniper rifle that was automatically loaded. He kept on low profile on the floor in prone position, while aiming the rifle right to Colonel's position.