Chapter 2:3: The City Beyond Limits - Sir Richard Halford Part II

While they were talking about their lives, it was easy to see that Richard really was very dedicated to his work; finally that he was already a devoted scientist.

"You know Arkline; nothing will make me as happy as a child in gay when I prove that dreams really do come true. May I see my lovely samples?" Richard said and asked.

Randall put the briefcase on the desk, and he opened it for him. When Richard looked at the samples, he became to pout. He seemed to be puzzled.

"I ordered you to retrieve all six of these, I only see five. Where is the other one?” he asked.

"My apologies Sir. I lost one during the chase. The police force tried to resist me in their deadly trap, but luckily, I escaped."

Randall still wanted to explain, but Richard turned his back on him. There was a silence. After a minute, he continued to speak:

"You know Arkline, there is one thing that you should remember when following an order: an order is an order. It is constant and never-changing. What am I going to do with you?"

"Sir, please have mercy. The next time you give me an order, it will be only from you. Nothing and no one else will comply", Randall begged, with a longing face.

"Well then, the next time I give you an order, you should eliminate any resistance. But I’m thinking. .Hmm . . . . right now. I will put an end to any intruder who may disgust our plans. With the help of my lovely samples, I must able to create, not our own resistance, but the resistance to all who opposes us!” he said in a maximum voice, that he punched his desk.

"Hand me the samples. Accompany me to the laboratory."

"Yes Sir."

Randall joined him to go to the lab. He knew that he would do something a product of his genius mind. After several minutes of strolling around, they came by the front of a huge blast door.

"Arkline, this is it. The moment has to be awakened. Behold!"

He punched in his secret code and that opened the huge blast door.

Randall was surprised. He couldn’t believe what he witnessed. He couldn’t believe that for ten years of staying in Halford, he had never seen anything like that in his very whole life!

"Say hello to my buddy, The Prototype Weapon #101, or what I call it, The Beast", Richard introduced a huge, horrible, biological monster.

Randall couldn’t move his whole body. To what he was staring at was a 7-foot monster, weighing in at 350 pounds, muscular, ripped, and stitched. Its face looked like worse than Frankenstein, for it had numerous stitches on the skin, its eyeballs were white with no touch of pupils, its mouth was drooling with green slime, its nose was flaring as it breathed and its ears were sharp-edged. It had clubbed hands and feet, and dressed in a black, ripped overall. Randall turned at its back, and there he saw its huge, pointed axe sticking on.

"Well Arkline, what do you think of my monstrous gift for Rushford? Oh, you cannot cut your tongue. Maybe this will help you believe that dreams really do come true, hahaha!" Richard laughed so hard, as he aspirated the contents of every vial of sample onto the cultivating machine next to the monster.

Randall just watched the whole thing happened. The contents of the Bio - Serum entered through the veins of the monster, until it emptied itself.

"Yes! Yes! Beast, comply with your master."

Randall stared at the monster cluelessly. Suddenly, it moved its left foot, and the right foot next. Then, it moved its arms vigorously and untangled all the tubes connected to it. Finally, it shook its head to release itself out of the capsule-like cage.

"Beast, the Halford is your destiny; the Rushford is your enemy. You are destined to destroy your enemy and avenge me!” Richard shouted with grace.

Randall stood back for he was terrified. That was the creature that would close the Rushford City for good.

"Rrrrooooaaaarrrr!!!” the monster growled as it equipped its huge axe.