Chapter 6:4: Deliberation - Leo's Betrayal Part I

After 48 hours of sitting behind bars, Leo had finally gained access to the weapons' storage.

"Sir, here I am", he approached Randall, while he was carrying a duffle bag.

"So, did you steal all these weapons from the storage?" he asked him, with amazement.

"Yes, Sir. This is what you told me to do", he replied.

"Okay. So, these are all we need to escape because we’re in a restricted area. Wait, do you think someone followed you here?"

"No one at all, Sir."

"Please call me Randall. I’m not your boss anymore."

"But, you’re Sir Richard's son, right? So, it’s still my privilege to call you as my boss."

"No. Don’t do that anymore. You’re just wasting your lifetime believing with his lies. I’m not his son. Robert Arkline was really my father; after all, he was already dead."

"Robert Arkline? You mean the most dedicated scientist of the Rushford Lab?"

"Yes. How did you know about my father?"

"He used to be my inspiration, when I was a kid."

Suddenly, we heard series of footsteps and it was coming on our way!

"Wait. Someone’s coming. Get these weapons now and keep that man busy, whoever he is. Return when it’s clear", Randall whispered, while he was sitting on the floor properly.

Leo nodded and he walked to the sound of the footsteps, until he met with a man down the hallway.

"Hey Leo, what are you doing here?" the man asked. Randall could hear his voice there from his position.

"Colonel said that I’m the responsible man for keeping an eye on the prisoner", Leo replied.

"Alright. Wait, what have you got there?" the man asked again.

"Nothing."

"Let me see it. Remember that I’m the supervisor here in charge. So, let me see it."

There went a minute of silence. Suddenly . . .

"Hey, what have we got here? Does this look nothing to you?! Wear glasses, you idiot! So, where will you bring these guns?!" the man asked him again.

"Colonel told me to bring these weapons to him, in preparation for his men to the meeting", Leo replied.

Another minute of silence went by. Eventually . . .

"Alright. Take those guns to him immediately. Don’t get lost during the meeting because Colonel needs us. Do you copy?"

"Sir, yes Sir!"

After the conversation, Leo went back to Randall.

"Randall, I’ll join them at the meeting, as what the supervisor said. We only got this day to prepare for the plan. What are we going to do?"

"Take it easy Leo. We’re just getting near the blast. Nice pipes you got there, though."

"Thank you Randall."

"I’ve already made up my mind and this idea would be perfect if you cooperate voluntarily.”

"What is it? Tell me, so I can prepare as early as possible.”

Randall just stared at him and smiled.

"Tomorrow’s a pay day. You need to sit back and watch the most amazing incident that will happen. If Richard reaches his own both hands to receive anything beneficial from the citizens, I’ll just do my thing as a paycheck for all the things that he’s done for the past ten years of his whole career."