Chapter 5:7: The City At Its Worst - Safety Runs Out

"There’s the subway! Everybody get ready!" Chief shouted, as he brought out his gun.

There was no bus stop, so I drove faster all the way to the subway, as a horde of infected hurried towards us again.

"Front and center! I can’t shake them off!" I shouted.

They were busy confronting them all. Eventually, Bob threw a grenade throughout the window.

"Boom!" blood splat on the windows.

"What the . . .?! Bob, have you lost your mind?"

"Sorry Jay, I can’t tolerate them all!"

"Jacob, watch out!"

Apparently, I didn’t paid attention to the road. The bus crashed to a nearby plank and it capsized at the flood of cars. A devastating mishap had happened.

After an hour . . .

"Ahh! Damn! Ahh, my head!"

I barely looked around and they were all down. We were already surrounded by the infected and there was no way out. I got up and picked up a gun. I rushed throughout a shattered window and started blasting them all.

“Bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang . . . !”

"Come on now freaks! Get me! Come on!"

“Rrrrroooooaaaaarrrrr!!!!!”

They all stared at me with their growling. I ran back inside the bus and got a shoulder bag filled with equipment.

"Don’t worry guys. I’ll come back for you. I’ll just teach these lame freaks a lesson", I whispered to them.

I returned back to the outside and I swiftly went downstairs through the subway.

"Come and get me, you specks of dirt!"

"Rrrrroooooaaaaarrrrr!!!!!" they all growled altogether.

"I can do this. God, help me."

Without further ado, I ran as fast as I could down the underground. I could see that the subway still had its power to operate trains.

"Bang!" down came an infected.

"Bang!" another one was killed.

There were so many of them chasing after me, as I covered the half of the railway by foot.

"Wait. Do these trains still run in the middle of the night?" I asked myself, as I saw an incoming train.

The train sped its way without limits. Any warning sound was not heard. It wasn’t applying its brakes.

"Oh come on! I’m still not them!", I shouted at the train, as I waved my hands up high.

The train was still moving in a full speed.

"I need rescue, not a dead-on-arrival situation!"

Suddenly, the infected from the other side were closing on me now!

"Perfect!" I shouted, as I climbed up the platform, avoiding the speeding train.

It mercilessly hit the whole horde of infected. Blood, guts, and organs splashed everywhere. I rolled over to the side and I took my cover, as the train was being derailed and collided to the opposite pavement. The train was already history, when I got up from the floor.

"No. It blocked the exit now. Damn stupid trains without limits! Alright, I’m going to look for another one."

Suddenly, I heard a commotion at a distant part of the subway. Strange noises were murmuring. Maybe it was them!

"Thank God! They’re alive! Hey! This is Styles! I’m here! Come here! Quick!"

Surprisingly, the noises were suppressing.

"No, I don’t want to be stuck here in this wasteland!"

I had no choice, but to begin my journey alone by wandering around the subway and searching for any survivors.

Suddenly, a series of footsteps was being heard on the other side. He seemed to be running away from me.

"Who are you?! Don’t fear me, I’m a good guy!"

I climbed up the platform and ran to the other side. Unfortunately, it was very dark out there.

"Oh great. I forgot my flashlight."

The footsteps were getting louder than before. He was near somewhere.

"Hey! I’m a police officer! I said; don’t run away from me!"

He still didn’t stop. I chased after him. After several minutes, I came now to a station. I walked towards it and glanced at its window. There was no one in there.

"Ahh! My head!" I moaned in pain about my head. It was bleeding.

Unexpectedly, someone shut me out cold.