Chapter 8:1: Turning Over History - Vanished Part I

Two hours later . . .

I thought that I was losing my hopeful time to get out of this city while I could.

Apparently, I was stuck inside a public restroom, wondering how I would get out of this dumpster.

I had broken my leg, despite of my bad fall from the coach two hours ago. I was trying to get up and walk around but my bad leg hurt so excruciating.

"Damn! I don’t want to be in this rat hole forever!"

I opened the door to see if everything is alright outside. Unfortunately, several hordes of infected were lurking in the shadows, waiting for me to make a fatal mistake by emerging at their sights.

I checked my gun and it was only holding a clip of ammo. Apparently, that was the last magazine. I didn’t recover any weapons from Brock, so I had to stick with my trusty gun after all.

Suddenly, I heard noises outside and they were getting louder than before.

"This should be getting ugly."

Fortunately, there was a vent on the ceiling. I grabbed the mop by the cubicle, and then, I began poking the vent open.

"Damn! Come on! Let me out!"

Something was barging at the door. It was them!

I poked the vent several times to get it open. Eventually, the trap cover discarded.

And so as the door. It was being breached by the infected!

"Rrrrroooooaaaaarrrrr!!!!!"

I jumped to grab on the edges of the vent. Shockingly, the infected were making their trouble inside, like there was a fresh meat frozen for them.

They began grabbing my legs and opening their freakish mouths. I started kicking them off barely with my bad leg.

"Ahh!"

I lifted my weight up to get on top. I looked around the area and I saw a nearby exit upstairs. It seemed that it was also gaining access to the outside city.

I hung onto the pipeline sticking on the wall plank, and then, I crossed the edges. Finally, I jumped over the turnstile gates, and then, to the other side. At last, I made my way out of the subway!

As I gasped for fresh air, I saw that the streets were already empty. All I could see was a couple of automobile salvages.

Eventually, I saw a reckless car at the distance. It saw approaching my position.

"Hey! Hey! Over here! I’m not infected! Pull over!"

Wait. Along with the car was another horde of infected running after it!

After several minutes, the car made its stop by colliding at the corner. Then, a driver walked out and he suddenly pointed his gun at me.

"Speak to me! Are you one of those things?!" he asked me.

"No, I’m not! I’m a cop!" I replied.

"Where’s your badge?! Show it to me!"

"I’m sorry! I don’t have it! Look, it’s not yet the time for that! Come on!"

"Nice try, cop. Do you have a gun?"

"Yes, I have, but it’s all out! Come on! Can we please go now?!"

"Give me your gun!"

"No! Just put down your weapon, civilian!"

Apparently, I saw someone else in the car. A sophisticated woman glanced at the window.

"Harry! Don’t shoot! He’s a cop!" she shouted at him.

"So, your name is Harry. You heard the lady. Do what she says", I interrupted.

Suddenly, the horde of infected was just a foot away from us!

"Do you see that? You don’t have to make me your mini-shooting range. Start the car, so we can get out of here!"

"Harry! Listen to him now! Do it!"

Harry returned to his seat, and then, he ignited the engine. On the other hand, I shot at anything that was coming near.

"Bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang!"

Eventually, the car was reusable now.

"Get in, cop!"

There was our escape. I got in, and then, I sat shotgun.