Chapter 4:5: The Outbreak - Operation: Avenging Rushford Part III

"Nothing beats the restaurant's specialty! Diane, Chief! Do you want some of this? You two will never be disappointed", Brock said, while he was eating spaghetti with meatballs.

"Go for it son because we have a long way to cover. Montgomery, rest for a while. Please standby the two of you because the sun is coming out soon", Chief said.

Diane sat next to Brock, and then, she looked at him while he was eating.

"Do you always eat like that?" she asked him.

"Hmm! You know Diane, we have to eat as much as we can. This is a part of surviving a catastrophe. We need to be alive for the better. So, join with me now. We can’t eat again when the sun reveals itself soon", he said, while he was munching on meatballs.

Finally, Diane made up her mind to eat also. Suddenly, as she was about to stick her fork onto the meatball, the ray of sun shone over her face. It was already sunrise.

"Oh! Come on! I haven’t finished my breakfast yet!" Brock exclaimed.

Apparently, the infected were now turning visible in their eyes. They turned their attentions to them, and they all growled altogether.

“Rrrrroooooaaaaarrrrr!!!!!”

"Oh no! We’re busted!" Brock exclaimed, as he armed his submachine gun.

"No! We can’t stay here, just to put a dozen on them. We must get out of here. Come on!" Chief shouted.

"Through the back door!" Diane shouted.

The infected were busting inside the restaurant. They shattered the windows and destroyed the double-doors, as they entered.

“Rrrrroooooaaaaarrrrr!!!!!”

"Here they come!" Brock shouted.

"Go! I’ll catch up!" Chief shouted.

He remained in position. He shot the infected as they came near. Brock and Diane made their way to the kitchen and through the back door. Luckily, they saw a delivery van.

"Hot wire it up Brock! Quick!" Diane shouted, as she sat and watched out for the escape road.

Some infected were running in front of them! She shot them with her sniper rifle, one by one.

"Bang!" an infected was shot down.

"Bang!" down went another one.

Everything went insane. Another numerous group of infected were heading on their way!

"Catch this!" Diane shouted, as she threw the grenade among the mob.

"Boom!" there went an explosion, but there was still a group of infected approaching them!

"Brock, what’s the hold-up?!" Diane asked him.

Eventually, the van was already useful.

"Aaaaahhhhh!!!!!” someone shouted from the restaurant. It was Chief!

"Get in!" Brock shouted at Diane, while he was shooting at the infected.

“Bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang . . . !”

She got in the van immediately. Brock was still shooting the infected.

"Brock, drive us inside! Chief is still in there!" Diane ordered him.

He stepped on the gas pedal and drove straight to the exit road, as he kept on hitting the infected along the way. He made his tight, right turn back to the restaurant's front. The infected were approaching them again, but they didn’t hesitate to take them down.

They saw Chief hiding at the counter. They cleared the area first.

“Bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang . . . !”

"Eat lead, suckers!" Brock shouted, while he was shooting down the infected.

When the mob was being momentarily suppressed, Diane called Chief right away.

"Chief, let’s go now!”

He finally made his way among the dead bodies and in the back of the van. Unexpectedly, more infected were being alarmed!

"Brock, step on it!" Diane shouted.

He drives them away from the restaurant and straight ahead along the highway.

"Hold on! I’m a bad driver!" he boastingly said.

The infected were still on their tail, as they sped along the highway.

"I’ll take care of this. Just don’t stop!" Chief said.

Series of gunshots was audible at the back. Chief was gunning up against the infected.

“Bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang . . . !”

"Die!" Chief shouted in rage.

Unbelievably, the infected retreated.

"Hold on!" Brock shouted, as he made his tight turn to the left. The van screeched slightly to the curb.

"Oh!"  Diane exclaimed, like she got up from her seat.

"That’s what I’m talking about! Yeah!”

Finally, after the long chase, they were already cruising smoothly along the highway.

"Damn, it’s over”, Diane said, with a sigh.

"Chief, are you okay back there?" Brock asked him.

"Yes, I am! That was close!" Chief responded, with a sigh.

"Alright, we made it! Oops! We need gas. Somebody tell me where the nearest gas station here is", Brock said.

"I know, there’s something at a couple mile ahead", Diane said.

"Roger that. Off we go", Brock said, as he got a bread roll from his pocket and ate it.