Chapter 4:7: The Outbreak - Ride In, Hang On, And Kill Some

"Sweet! I’ve just found a sign board, and it said that we’re a mile away from the next gas station", Brock said, as he kept on driving north.

"Keep going Brock, we’re getting halfway now", Diane said, while she was tapping his shoulder.

On the other hand, Chief and I were making a conversation.

"Chief, can we trust them?" I asked him.

"We need to, Styles. When I haven’t met them yet, I didn’t save any RPD member. The infected won the battle against us, after you and Simmons have left. I suffered for three hours inside Halford Inc. I was bitten by the infected. I thought only one thing in my mind, that I would turn myself to be one of them if I didn’t find the cure, until those spies came and saved me", Chief narrated.

"The cure? You found the cure?"

Chief reached his hand to the briefcase beside the bag full of equipment and he opened it.

"I already used the other syringe. These are the antidotes against the virus. Once you get bitten, you need to bring out the cure immediately, or else, the signs and symptoms will inevitably occur. The cure will take effect in an hour, and after that, you’ll back to normal."

Suddenly, a horde of infected ran after us!

"Everyone, battle stations! They’re losing their heads now!" Brock yelled, as he gripped on the steering wheel.

Diane began to lock and load with her sniper. Chief and I did the usual thing.

"Hang on guys! This is one of the most amazing chases that pay off right now!" Brock shouted again.

On the other hand . . .

"Chief, shoot them in the head! That’s the weak spot!" I told Chief.

"Copy that!"

Meanwhile, Diane was shooting the infected that was coming out from nowhere.

"Bang!" one down.

"Bang, bang!" another fell down.

Suddenly, an infected ran and jumped on the van's front hood!

"Shake it off Brock!" Diane shouted.

"I can’t do it! I can’t just power steer us!" Brock yelled.

Diane had no choice, but to blow its head off with a sniper shot. Blood splashed on the windshield.

"What have you done?! I told you that I couldn’t shake it off! What’s wrong with you? It’s infected!" Brock shouted again.

"Save it Brock! You’re just hungry again. Focus on the road", Diane talked back.

Meanwhile, Chief and I were still busy shooting at the infected.

"Bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang . . . !”

"Save ammo Styles", Chief told me.

"Yes Sir", I said. Instead of wasting firepower, I cooked a grenade and tossed it to the horde.

"Fire in the hole!"

"Boom!"

"That’s why they’re blood-thirsty", I said, as I stared at the bloody road.

Eventually, we were approaching a lone gas station.

"We might need a car wash also", Brock said, as he switched on the wipers.

He stopped beside a gas tank. We went out of the van to gather everything necessary from the station.