Chapter 8:8: Turning Over History - Mishap-pening

Finally, after all the sickest days that I had been through with, I was standing now on top like I had already enough of having been left!

"Nous n'a qu'il! Thanks to you, Jacob!" Hudson exclaimed in exultation. (We did it!)

"Jacob! You’re still alive!" Clarisse exclaimed in joy.

She ran to me, and then, she hugged me with delight.

"Hudson, get ready with the helicopter. We’re getting out of here", I told him.

"I’m on it, my friend", he said.

After all that I had been through with, I couldn’t believe that this is the moment that I had been looking for!

"Jacob, thank you for everything", Clarisse said.

"It’s my duty, Clarisse. Don’t mention it. The most important is that, we’re all okay", I said.

Suddenly, she started to lean on me.

"You know, I hate to say this but you’re really beautiful in person."

She smiles at me, and then, she said:

"Jacob, this is the most heroic experience you’ve ever done for me. I owe you my life."

After that, she kissed me on the lips.

"Hey! What’s the hold-up? Get in here!" Hudson shouted.

The helicopter was already working. We boarded it right away.

"All set?! Here we go!"

We were already apart from the ground, as we ascended up to the sky.

"Je ne suis pas peur plus, Papa", Hannah said. (I am not scared anymore, Papa.)

Hudson smiled at her, and then, he said:

"Rien ne peut passer par vous, à moins qu'il obtient grâce à moi d'abord et toujours être." (Nothing can go through you, unless it gets through on me first and it always be.)

Hannah smiled, and then, she hugged him tight, as well as Clara.

"Happy family, huh? You deserve it Hudson", I said, as I watched them.

"Thank you, Jacob. Thank you for everything", he said.

Suddenly, a huge beam of light struck us from the front view.

"What’s that?" Clarisse asked.

"I don’t know. It must be the sun", Hudson replied.

The beam of light amazingly thinned, and then, it fell on the heart of the city.

"No, it’s not the sun", I whispered.

The beam of light turned into a huge, smoky mushroom of explosion!

"Hudson! Hold onto the pad! Navigate this to the right!" I shouted.

It was some kind of a nuclear explosion! A wave of the impact suddenly headed towards us!

"Everybody get down!"

“Bbbbbooooommmmm!!!!!”

Everything was denuded. All the establishments, structures, roads, highways, and even, the infected civilians were being washed out by a glimpse of destruction.

"Ahh!"

Unfortunately, the impact disturbed the helicopter's structure, causing it to lose traction.

"Damn! Not this again!" I shouted.

"Jacob! I can’t steer this thing anymore! The pad is jammed!" Hudson exclaimed.

Suddenly, the rudder began to burst into flames!

"Everybody hold on!"

The helicopter hastily landed on a nearby clearing, making its crucial thuds and friction as it fell apart.