Chapter 4:4: The Outbreak - Operation: Avenging Rushford Part II

"Brock, pack up now. Fill the bags with everything necessary", Diane told him, while she was listening to Chief Ronald's plan.

"Yeah, yeah. I’m on it", Brock replied, as he proceeded.

"As what I’m saying Montgomery, our plan is to avenge Rushford, even though, everything’s too late now. We’re going to take Halford down and bring it to its ruins", Chief continued to inform her.

"Our primary target is Richard Halford. He’s the mastermind of all this disaster. I know that he’s still here in this city, hiding from us. We must haunt him down, and take him out before he leaves this city for good", he continued.

"Wait guys. Can I interrupt? I’m sorry that I forgot to inform you about this, but I have to tell you something", Brock said, as he dropped the bags.

"Okay Ashfield, go on", Chief said.

"As I found the antidotes, someone contacted through the communication panel. They’re the soldiers of the outpost, Eagle, as what they call themselves. They’re currently at the airport right now, and they’re waiting for someone to help them. I know that we’re the ones who they need. We must get to the airport, before they become history", Brock narrated.

"Alright. We can’t let them die there because we need backup as we escape. We need them, so we have to go there. Besides, it’s an airport. We might find a plane there to get us out of here", Chief said.

"So, what did you tell them Brock? They must sweep that area for us", Diane told him.

"Don’t worry. I already told them to hold their positions. They’re not going anywhere", Brock said.

"Okay. That’s the signal that we have to go there fast. Everyone, gather all the weapons, equipment and foods. We have to get out of here. I’ve discovered a manhole, which leads down to the sewers. Let us move out", Chief said, as he armed his gun.

They all stuck together, as the passed the hallways and down a manhole. Brock descended first and checked the sewers.

"All clear!” he signaled them.

Chief and Diane descended the ladder and came down the sewers. Brock walked first straight ahead. He suddenly ended up at an intersection. He looked on both sideways, as he made his turn to the right.

"Still clear", he said.

He continued his path to the end of the way, until he found another manhole.

"I think this one leads to the city. I’ll buzz in."

He climbed up the ladder and ascended the manhole. When he opened it, he suddenly kept quiet.

"Brock, what now?" Diane asked him, while she’s waiting for his go.

"Man, they’re everywhere.”

"Just get up there and make no sudden moves. Don’t even think about turning your flashlight on. Remember, no distractions", Chief told him.

Brock just saluted at him. He opened the manhole completely and he got out quietly.

Diane next ascended the ladder and got out and so as what Chief did.

"Oh my", Diane whispered. They were all everywhere.

"Listen to me. We must wait for the sun to come out. We won’t stand a chance, if we go on with the rest of them. Do you see the restaurant over there? We have to get there silently", Chief whispered to them, as he pointed out a restaurant from a distance.

Brock walked first among the infected. He was being careful not to distract or bump anyone of those things. Chief and Diane followed him, until they had reached the restaurant.

"Wooh! That was close! I’ll never walk with the dead again", Brock said, with a sigh.

"Ssshhh!!! Get inside now", Chief whispered.

They got inside the restaurant and they closed the double-doors. Brock finally sat on a chair and relaxed himself, while Chief and Diane were walking past the tables.

"So, what will be our breakfast? I’m starving again", Brock asked them.

Chief and Diane just looked at each other, leaving question marks on their faces.