Chapter 7:1: Horrifying Halfway To The End - The Return Of The Beast Part I

"Get down everybody!" Bob shouted, while he was controlling the train.

"Boom! Boom! Boom! Boom! Boom!"

The explosion didn’t stop, until the whole tunnel was completely disintegrated.

"Ahh! My ears don’t stop ringing!" I shouted, as I held on tightly to the roof edge of the trailer.

"Bob! Come on! Speed up!" Hunnigan yelled at him.

"This train is faster than your jogging! This is its maximum speed!" Bob shouted back.

"Hold on!" Chief shouted, as he gripped on the poles.

"Hey! I can see the open! Just don’t stop holding on!"

The train had finally made its exit after a station. The tunnel soon crumbled down in ruins.

"Yeah! That’s what I’m talking about! You’re the man, Bob! You’re the man!" Brock exclaimed in joy, as he tapped Bob on his shoulder.

"Yeah! Bob! Alright!" Hunnigan exclaimed.

The team began to rejoice after the devastating aftermath.

Suddenly . . .

"What is that?" Virgil asked.

The ground seemed to shake, like there was an earthquake happening.

"Earthquake! Get down! Shield yourselves!" Brock shouted, as he lied on his chest and covered his head with his arms.

"You’ve got to be serious. Rushford City is standing neither on a volcano nor on a mountain", Diane told him.

"Oh yeah. You’re right."

Apparently, the intensity shook off again.

"What in the name of?! What’s happening?! Styles, check it out", Chief said.

I looked down below the tracks and onto the ground, and I saw something terrifying.

"Oh no, not that again!" I shouted.

Brock and Diane looked out of the window to see it. It was running swiftly, just to follow our train. It was bearing a huge, pointed axe and it was freakishly enormous!

"It’s the monster again! Get the guns!" they both shouted.

"Monster?! What monster?!" Virgil asked.

He glanced at the window to see it also.

"Oh! Not that monster! It’s the ultimate bioweapon of the Halford Inc., The Beast!" he terrifyingly shouted.

"The Beast? That name suits it. What about it?" Ashyra asked him.

"It’s the huge carrier of the H-Virus. It’s obviously created by Sir Richard Halford, as the inheritance of the virus. It’s also destined and commanded to assassinate people who opposes the said institution", Virgil continued.

"Unfortunately, that’s us. So, we need to kill it before it kills us first. How can we stop it?" Diane asked.

"By any means necessary. Be remorseless. Fight its fierceness", he replied.

"Alright. Let’s do this. Everybody proceed in battle positions", Chief instructed.

Again, the shake of the earth continued.

"We need to act fast now. Jacob, what’s it doing?!" Hunnigan asked me.

"It hammers the pillars of the tracks! I think; it wants to discontinue the train service! Give me the grenade launcher!" I shouted back.

"Here you go, Styles!" Chief shouted, as he handed me the gun and the rounds.

"You know what to do! Slow it up!"

"Copy that!"

The team began to stick together, as it put a number of shots to the monster. I put a round in the grenade launcher; aimed at it and I pulled the trigger.

"Boom!"

The target exploded, but it still got up and ran to break the pillars down!

"You’ve got to be kidding me!" I exclaimed.

"Don’t stop Styles. Just beat it up!" Virgil shouted.

Again, I put a round in the launcher, aimed it at the monster, and I pulled the trigger.

"Boom!"

Unfortunately, I missed the target. Instead, a lone pillar exploded into debris!

"Watch what you’re shooting Jacob! Aim at The Beast, not at the pillars!" Brock shouted, while he was shooting the monster.

"Sorry!"

Suddenly, the earth began to shake again, but this time, the railroad behind us crashed down like what happened to the World Trade Center!

"Oh my!” Debbie surprised.

"Look what you’ve done Jacob! You always seem to be so hard-headed! Don’t make it do that again!" Brock shouted angrily.

"Hey! Run to the driver's trailer! Hurry! I got an idea!" I yelled at them.

They ran swiftly to the first trailer. I got down from the roof quickly. Suddenly, the earth shook itself one more time. The other railroad at the back crashed, and the last trailers slipped down the gap.

"Bob! Don’t stop!" Ashyra yelled at him.

"I can’t go on anymore, not with the heaviest loads! We must lighten this train!"

Apparently, the train itself slipped backwards!

"I told you! I can’t go on anymore!"

"Brock! Chief! Hit the brakes!" Virgil instructed them.

Gradually, the train kept on slipping backwards, while it was reaching the ground!

"Ahh! This is so tight!" Brock shouted, while he was pulling the brake lever.

"Everybody hang on!" Diane said.

"Wait! What happened to Styles?" Virgil asked.