Chapter 5:3: The City At Its Worst - Heart Of A Warrior Part II

"Dammit you mascot! You think you’re a killer, huh?!"

I just couldn’t believe that I defeated the horde and the monster. Good thing that I still had another grenade to come off in the future.

"Oh, I need to catch up", I said, as I wandered around the airport grounds.

Suddenly, a low-flying aircraft was making its way to the runway!

"Hey! There are still survivors here! Hey!" I shouted, as I waved my both arms up high.

The aircraft was still making its way without a voice over.

"Okay. I don’t like delayed flights. I can do this", I whispered to myself, as I followed the aircraft.

Unfortunately, as I took my few steps, I saw new waves of horde at the distance!

"Come on! I can’t run in a blood-thirsty marathon!"

I took a look around to see anything useful. Eventually, I found one.

"Okay, I’ll fire you all up", I said, as I got inside a stray tanker truck.

After several seconds of hot wiring, I stepped on the gas pedal and I cruised along the open. I began to pull the lever of its horn repeatedly to distract the infected.

"Honk! Honk! Honk!"

"Come get some, boys and girls!" I shouted.

The infected began to spring in action. They came running altogether to hunt me down. I began to hit them all and squash them down.

"Bob! I’m here! Bob!" I shouted, as I saw them at the middle of the runway.

Suddenly, the monster came out from nowhere!

“Rrrrroooooaaaaarrrrr!!!!!”

"Oh! Why don’t you just shut up and die?!"

I pulled over to hit the monster with its tank. It flew away inevitably with an impact, making the truck lose its control and turn upside down. The tank dismantled from the coupling.

“Oh, damn! Well, that’s a collision”, I whispered. I was inside of a capsized truck. Couldn’t you believe it? I was still alive.

"Jay! Jay! Get out of there!" I could barely hear Bob shouting at me.

I could barely see them all. They were all complete to wait for a rescue. Suddenly, the aircraft, which was flying alone in the sky, busted into flames, crashed towards the infected, glided along the ground and screeched right to the tank and hit it.

"Let’s get out of here! Go! Run!" I could barely hear Chief shouted.

They began to pack themselves up and ran away from the area. As for me, I crawled out of the truck and leaped a huge distance away from it.

"Boom!" a huge explosion set the open into a dead parking lot. Everything was ruined. All sorts of burnt dead bodies were scattered everywhere and the monster was nowhere to be seen.

"Great! That’s just great! It poofed away like that! That was our last airplane for us to escape!" Brock shouted, as he kicked out the sands.

He suddenly turned to me and shouted, "I’m blaming you for all of this! We’re this close to get ourselves out of this nightmare and you just continued it!"

"Hey Brock! Stop! Stop it!" Diane shouted, as she gripped on him.

"What now, Diane? Are you protecting this guy? He just ruined everything, especially the most important thing that should change our lives!"

"He promises us that we’ll be safe here, until we depart. If it wasn’t for him, we would never be alive right now. Stop your ranting now!"

Brock eventually kept himself quiet and still.

"Are you alright Jacob? You’re bleeding", Diane approached me and asked.

"I’m okay. I'm sorry for being late", I said, as I touched my forehead.

"Jay, you’re my man! How did you get yourself out from the explosion, as we took off?" Bob asked me, as he tapped my shoulder.

"Bob, I tell you: you don’t want to know", I replied, as I got up.

"Good job Styles, but I’m sadly to say that our evacuation was being compromised. Therefore, our first plan is now officially X-marked, unless if you still have a plan", Chief told me.

"I know of a plan Sir. We should go to our outpost. We still have our choppers there ready for evacuation”, a soldier suggested.

"Chief, who are they?" I asked him.

"This is Sergeant Virgil Morgan and Corporal Carl Andrews of the outpost. We rescued them, but not too long for their other comrade named Mike Anderson", Chief introduced.

"You’re talking about the outpost at Wintergreen, right? Very south from here?" Brock asked.

"Yes, at the foot of this city", Carl replied.

"We need a larger vehicle that will hold us until Wintergreen", Diane said.

"First, we need supplies, food, water, even a new set of guns and equipment", Hunnigan suggested.

"I still got three anti-viral samples here in the briefcase. We must proceed to Plan B", I said.

"Let’s move now before the sun sets", Chief said.

Everybody dispersed to proceed to the plan. Apparently, Chief approached me and said:

"Keep up the good work Styles. You’re getting closer to bring back your dream of becoming the most headlining cop."

"Yes Sir. I’m still reporting for duty, no matter what happens", I said and smiled at him.