Chapter 7:9: Horrifying Halfway To The End - When A Nightmare Ends

"Randall! Randall!" Diane shouted, as she scattered herself around the open field.

"Look! There’s a chopper! We’re ready to go!" Brock exclaimed joyously 

"Wait! We need to look for Randall first."

"Alright. I’ll just sit in here, and then, I’ll wait for you."

Brock took a nap inside the chopper, while the rest of the team was hoping to find where Randall was.

"Randall! Where are you?"

"Let’s check him up in the barracks, if he’s in there", Virgil said.

"Come on. Let’s go."

They approached the barracks, but it was shut tight.

"Maybe, he’s not in here. It’s locked", Ashyra said.

Virgil kicked the door, as he tried to get it open.

"Do you have a grenade? We need to blow this up. He’s in here, I know it", Diane said.

"Here."

Diane cooked the grenade and threw it to the door.

"Fire in the hole!” Virgil shouted, and everyone got clear. 

"Boom!

"Come on!"

Eventually, they saw Randall in there, but he was in a bad condition.

"Randall! Randall! We’re here now! Wake up!" Diane shouted at him, and then, she woke him up.

In any minute, Randall opened his eyes and moaned in pain.

"Ahh! What happened? Diane, I knew you’d come", he said.

"Randall, you’re still alive."

"Yeah, I know. Ahh!"

"Are you alright? What happened to you?"

"I fought with a few freaks back there. Luckily, I’m not bitten."

"Ashyra, patch him up."

After several minutes, Randall was relieved.

"Welcome to the safest place on earth", he jokingly said.

"Is there any food in here? We’re starving", Hunnigan asked.

"Drop by the storage tent. There are rations in there. Suit yourselves. There’s also a rest room right there, if you need it."

"It’s time to take a shower. Thanks Randall", Debbie said.

As they began to roam around the refuge, Virgil stared at the corpse of a soldier.

"He’s Leo Garner. He helped me escape from imprisonment", Randall told him.

"What a brave soldier. Did you just say, you were imprisoned? By whom?" Virgil asked.

"Richard. He imprisoned me at Flintmore, when he found out that I meddle with his plan."

"What plan? What are you talking about?"

"The contingency plan of dissolving this city down to its real end. He plans to arrange a meeting with the President to send the air forces to a mission of an artillery attack."

"Sir Richard is a man who’s not interested of such form of destruction."

"Listen to me, Sergeant. Halford Inc. is the true root of this nightmare! That’s crystal clear and you can’t erase the truth that Richard is behind of all of this!"