Chapter 7:8: Horrifying Halfway To The End - The Last Stand

"Come on guys! I really need a shower!" Brock exclaimed, as he went out from the coach.

"Ladies first, young man. We feel sticky right now", Hunnigan said.

"Why is it so hot in here?" Debbie asked 

"Look up in the sky and see why."

"Those are good rhymes, Brock. Where did you get it?" Diane asked.

"From no one. I just got it in my head."

"But why do you think lesser than Diane?" Hunnigan asked.

"Very funny."

"Ssshhh!!! Look!", Virgil exclaimed.

Suddenly, he pointed out a horde of infected at the distance, right in front of the main gate of the base.

"No way. So are you saying that we’re not able to get inside? That’s just great", Brock said, with a sigh.

"Of course, we’re going to get inside, no matter what happens. Do you see that truck parked beside that wall? We’ll climb up there, and then, we’re able to penetrate inside the base over the wall", Virgil said.

"Good idea. Let’s do it."

"Just don’t do sudden moves. We can’t afford them chasing our butts. Besides, we’re low on ammo."

"Yes, Serge."

"Like what Hunnigan said a while ago, ladies first."

"Haha! Great!" Brock exclaimed, as he looked at Hunnigan.

"Ssshhh!!! Montgomery, go with her. Brock and I will watch over here. Just climb up as fast as you can."

"Alright, Serge", Diane affirmed.

The team moved to the area, passing by a junkyard of collided cars along the way.

"Okay. Remember what I said. Move", Virgil said.

Diane climbed up first. After a minute, Hunnigan climbed up the second time, until the rest of the ladies had already entered the outpost.

"Brock, go now", Virgil said.

While he was climbing up the wall, a lone infected spotted him!

"Rrrrroooooaaaaarrrrr!!!!!”

It growled, until all of the infected surrounding the base, were already alarmed.

"Brock! Quick!"

“Bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang . . . !”

Virgil started to shoot them all, as Brock stayed at the top of the wall, backing him up.

"What are you doing? Get inside now!"

"I’m saving your butt! Just get up here!"

Virgil began to climb up the truck and over the wall.

"Grab my hand!"

Brock continued to shoot the infected, until his gun ran out.

"Come on, big guy! You’re almost here!"

Suddenly, an infected jumped and grabbed Virgil's left leg. Brock picked up the gun from his holster and shot it in the head.

"This is the last crap of our lives! I got you!"

Eventually, the whole team had made it inside the outpost.

"Hmm, hmm, hmm! Damn! Whew!" Brock exclaimed in relief, as he gasps for air.

"Thanks Brock", Virgil said.

"Don’t mention it. You’re the man."

"Come on! Randall is in here! Let’s find him!" Diane yelled.

Finally, they were already bound to escape the desolated city, for good.