Chapter 9:2: Death And Rebirth - The Aftermath

Two days later, Randall and his friends were flying above the skies, when a huge flash of light struck their eyes, followed by a loud exploding sound.

“Bbbbbooooommmmm!!!!!”

"What the heck was that?" Brock asked, as he stared at the distant destruction.

"Oh my!" Hunnigan amazingly exclaimed.

"No, Jacob! No!" Ashyra started shouting and shedding tears.

Brock attended to her, and then, he embraced her.

"There’s nothing we can do about him now. He didn’t make it, but if it wasn’t for him, we could have not made it out here."

Suddenly, Randall started to interrupt.

"Who’s Jacob?"

Everyone started to keep quiet. After a minute of silence, Diane spoke.

"He was a former police officer of the RPD. He promised us of getting out of there, and so, he fulfilled it."

"Poor man."

"I know that it was my fault in the first place. I should haven’t underestimated him", Brock said.

"Don’t blame yourself, Brock. Everything has already happened. We

can no longer go back now", Debbie told him.

"You know, I lost someone, too", Randall said.

Everybody stared at him. Then, Ashyra asked him.

"Who was it?"

"My brother, Chris. I didn’t save him from the attack. He was the only family left for me.""What about your father?" Diane asked.

"My father already left me since I was a kid. That’s why, Richard fostered me."

"Richard! That rascal! He’s the responsible for taking Rushford down! He should be condemned!" Virgil exclaimed in anger.

"No. Relax Sergeant. We haven’t planned for that yet", Randall said.

"So, what are we going to do now? We can’t just sit here and do nothing."

"Richard is currently in Flintmore right now. He’s hiding somewhere in that city. I have a hunch that the aftermath was only the beginning of his plans."

"What?! You mean, there’s more to come?!" Brock asked.

"Like I said, it was only the beginning."

"You’ve got to be kidding me!"

"So, what do we have to do before we get killed?" Hunnigan asked.

"We’re not going to die", Randall said.

"If we’re not, then what’s with your words? Is it like, philosophy or something?" Brock asked anxiously.

"Listen to me. We’re going to die; if we let Richard do the same mistake that he has brought. We have to take him out, as well as Halford Inc."

"I’m down with that", Virgil said.

Everybody nodded their heads in affirmation.

"You know what guys? Honestly, I’m not in a mood for another butt-kicking action", Brock said.

Diane suddenly looked at him.

"For crying out loud, Brock!" she exclaimed.

"It’s alright Brock, because when we get there, we’re going to get our chances for a butt-whipping revenge", Virgil stated.

"I’m ready for it", Hunnigan said.

"Wait. Hold on. We’re here now", Virgil said, as he tilted the chopper down. 

After several hours, they had already arrived at Flintmore City. It was larger than Rushford, and very populated. A carpet of trees was seen surrounding the city borders and with mountains at the distance.

"It’s beautiful", Diane said.

"Yes, it is. Where should we land?" Brock asked.

"There. We land there on the rooftop of that building", Randall replied, as he pointed it out.

The chopper finally descended for its stop. Afterwards, Virgil turned it off.

"Okay guys. This is it. This is our new place. We should be staying here, until we know of a wonderful plan", Randall said.

As they packed their belongings and went downstairs, Brock made his final stare at the city from where he was standing at.

"Welcome to Flintmore City, the place of the risen", he whispered to himself.