Chapter 7:2: Horrifying Halfway To The End - The Return Of The Beast Part II

"Oh man! Damn! Don’t forget about me here!"

Meanwhile, I was barely hanging on the second trailer, dangling at the end of the gap with the rest of the trailers.

"I’m still young to die! Pick me up here!" 

Suddenly, the monster jumped on me at my back, and then, it grabbed my right leg!

"Oh! Oh!"

"Rrrrroooooaaaaarrrrr!!!!"

It growled at me. Then, it tried to crawl up and shove away my right arm, throwing my launcher away somewhere.

"Ahh!"

It started to grab my both arms, and then, it unleashed its horrifying tentacles from its mouth and body. Disgusting!

"Ahh! You’re a dude! Stop it! This is sexual harassment!"

After a few seconds . . .

"Bang, bang, bang!"

Someone shot it from behind. I looked up and I saw Virgil!

"Styles! Grab my hand! Come on, before you become one of them!"

I looked down, and the truth was, I was afraid of heights a little bit, especially when there were hordes of infected, waiting for me to fall on them!

"Oh come on!"

Fortunately, I saw the launcher lying lonely on the door shaft.

"Virgil! Distract it!"

"What are you doing?! Get up here now!"

"Just do what I say! Distract it!"

“Bang, bang, bang, bang, bang . . .!”

Virgil started to shoot the monster, and luckily, it was my moment to do my thing now. I released from my grip to slide down, and then, I landed on the third trailer. Eventually, I got the launcher. 

Unfortunately, the train began to shake, causing the driver's trailer to slip a little bit, towards the gap.

"Styles! Do it now!"

"Hey Freak! You forgot something, me!"

I aimed the launcher at it, and then, I pulled the trigger.

"Boom!"

The train began to slip backwards, just a little bit of it to fall off!

"Hit the damn brakes!"

"Rrrrroooooaaaaarrrrr!!!!!"

The monster growled again for the last time, as it fell off from its grip.

"Virgil, pick me up! Help me untangling the second trailer!"

I crawled the way up to him, and then, I reached for the coupling.

"Damn! The lock is very tight!"

"Shoot it Styles!"

"With this launcher? That is stupid! Shoot it!"

“Bang, bang, bang, bang, bang!”

Virgil put a dozen on the coupling, and fortunately, it was being untangled. The rest of the trailers began to fall down on the infected and on the monster underneath the tracks.

"That’s the last of them. Good job Styles."

"Come on. We should continue to Wintergreen."

As we crawled up on the way inside the trailer, we took a few minutes to gasp for air. 

"What happened? Are you two okay?" Ashyra asked.

"Don’t mind us. Just release the brake now and continue to move forward", Virgil said.

"Yeah! The train is still on its track and we’re ready to go!" Bob exclaimed.

"What a relief! I thought, we would be dead by now", Debbie said.

"I don’t want to hang back there again, ever!" I exclaimed.

"How many stations are left?" Diane asked.

"Five stations", Bob replied.

"Okay. We’re still good to go. Check for supplies, especially the ammo. With the remaining five stations up ahead, we could still rescue any survivors. So, pack everything and stay alert", Virgil said.