Chapter 6:8: Deliberation - A Double-Cross Part II

"Sir Halford! I’m sorry to interrupt with you and Lieutenant, but we have a situation", a henchman suddenly appeared from nowhere.

"Is there an intruder again?" Richard asked.

"No Sir. Worse than that. Follow me."

They all left the laboratory and they hurried to the watchman's station, where there was a commotion going on in there.

"What is it?" Richard asked again.

"Take a look Sir. Watch the news. It’s just happening right now at Flintmore Park."

". . . In other news, Colonel Stevenson has been shot to death by an unknown suspect, while he was making his speech with the President of United States of America earlier today. Local citizens are still in deep trauma, due to what they have seen was a very tragic incident and a very first moment that has happened here on this serene city. Fortunately, the President has been escorted to safety by Federal agents a few moments ago.

The whereabouts of the suspect is still unknown, but the Flintmore Police Department has already released a statement pertaining to an unidentified man who has something to do with the plan that the President and Colonel Stevenson would be approving expectedly.

Another case referring to a loss of a member of an infantry of soldiers during the incident is also under investigation, where a soldier named Private Leo Garner has piloted a military chopper without a proper consent and permission from the platoon leader of the group. He is also suspecting that Leo helped the suspect to escape from the incident, using the chopper that he stole.

Due to the shocking incident that has happened earlier, Flintmore City is placed into a heightened security alert by the combined forces of the FBI, FPD and the military.

Stay tuned to News at 7, to get any updated reports from the local authorities, and even, the reaction of the President regarding the devastating incident that has missed his life. . ."

"No! I shouldn’t have trusted Colonel in the first place! Damn!" Richard exclaimed, as he hammered the desk with his fist.

"Can you exactly tell me what has just happened back there?" Victor asked cluelessly.

"Didn’t you see it?! Colonel is already dead! Now, there’s no way of commanding the whole military about my orders! What if those soldiers confess to the media about the main reason of the contingency plan?!"

"What plan? Why have I not yet updated with that?"

Richard kept silent at a moment. After that . . .

"Listen very carefully, Lieutenant. You used to be a combat leader of a 1999 Military Platoon of the United States of America. You used to conduct combat missions in Vietnam and in Korea back in the year 2000. You returned here in this country after one of the fiercest battles that had happened in the history of the military. You’ve almost surpassed ten years, before you’ve just redeemed our countrymen that our country would obviously be free from destruction."

"So, what does that statement of yours going to do with the news?"

"The sample. That’s the reason why I’m going to establish a contingency plan, with authority by the President."

"What? Do you mean that Halford Inc. has just done something . . . destructive?"

"The contingency plan is to destroy the whole city of Rushford, due to the fact that it has inhabited by thousands of cannibals."

"What have you done Richard? Why have you messed up the city?"

"I just did the right thing, Victor. I have to continue to avenge Halford Inc. This sample will also continue to bring everlasting power to outsmart and outwit all the people. Soon, this whole world will experience the true meaning of revenge and loyalty to Halford at its best."

"I don’t know anything about this, Richard."

"Don’t tell me that you’re getting fearful. I only said a few words. This facility will remain stealth and secret forever. By the time the people get the taste of every experiment that I make each day, it will be the opportunity for them to feel inhumanity, but their memories will be shattered in eternity. That is also one of the best advantages of the H-Virus. A good money maker, too."

"What are you talking about?"

"You heard me. A lot of investors all over the world are beginning to love my work and my product. That is the signal for them to scatter money and buy my samples for medication and rejuvenation. It is just that, it is not yet the time to bring up this heat. I’m still looking forward for the most accurate moment."

"Enough with this talk, Richard. Let us just go to the plan of how can we establish another contingency plan."

"Hmm. . . The remaining infantry of soldiers is currently deployed on the border, courtesy of the late Colonel Stevenson himself. That means, no one is allowed to go there, including the media, the FBI and the FPD. Despite the fact that the attack is still fresh, why don’t we just execute the plan ourselves?"

"What are you talking about? Here we go again."

"Come with me. I have something that I’ve been keeping for several years."

They strolled around the facility, until they end up at a huge weapons' section.

"What’s this?" Victor surprisingly asked.

"I introduce to you to the true weapon of mass destruction. This enormous rocket is primarily made out of pure radioactive chemicals and some gunpowder. It’s still unstable, because it still needs more cultivation and careful concentration. When it is all done, this big boy will be ready for take-off, and soon, will change Rushford City into a parking lot."

"So, how long will it take to be in a fully-enhanced state?"

"Don’t worry. After 72 hours, the skies will be filled with black fogs and smokes, and it will be thrown with all sorts of debris, rocks and dead bodies."

"Aren’t you worrying about the authorities and the citizens? What if they will find that out?"

"Like what I always tell you Victor, don’t worry about everything. If you can’t take care of it, I can. Any questions?"

"I have nothing to ask", Victor replied.

"Very well. I still want to find out who’s the suspect behind Colonel's death, but first, I’ll locate the position of Private Leo Garner. I know that he’s the suspect's apprentice. The sooner I find him, the better the chance of deciphering the face of the suspect", Richard finally said, as he glanced at the glass window.