I'll Be Needing Stitches

The next morning Mitch was sat in front of the hotel phone debating on if he should call the number provided.

Mitch decided that he'd ignore the number for now, he didn't want to call Abe anyway, and just enjoy himself. He'd call tomorrow.

Kirstie came and picked him up wanting another day to catch up. Although Jeremy wasn't with her, she did have little Michelle who Mitch recently learned was also named after him. It was cute how all his friends seemed to want to have a piece of them with them at all times. Although Michelle was always shortened to Elle.

"We're just going to have a little bit of a shopping spree," She told Mitch excitedly, Elle was sleeping in her car seat.

"Who needs it?" Mitch asked.

"You silly," Kirstie said smiling. "By the way, love the new hair cut, you really rock it." Mitch smiled.

"Thanks Kirst, I really like it too."

"You up to singing with Scott and I ever again?" Kirstie asked. Mitch shook his head.

"No, singing brings up some memories I really would rather forget." Kirstie pouted but didn't press the subject any further.

"Here we are," Kirstie said pulling into the parking lot of a mall. "Now all we need to find is a parking spot in this mess." Mitch chuckled.

"The most frustrating part of driving," he said and felt a twinge of sadness. He hadn't driven for four years and wasn't sure if it were even legal for him to anymore. Well if he wasn't legally aloud to drive he would have to wear his glasses, since he was only aloud to drive legally with them.

"Yes!" Kirstie whisper shouted not wanted to wake up Elle. "Found one, right toward the front, perfection." Mitch smiled at her once again hit with a wave of gratefulness that he had gotten his life back.

"Do you want me to hold Elle? You are paying for everything." Kirstie smiled.

"Sure, and don't worry about the money, consider it my gift to you."

"Please Kirst, you've already done so much for me, I don't need any more gifts from you."

"Well I'm still trying to repay you for the best gift possible," Mitch unbuckled Elle's car seat and hoisted her into his arms rubbing her back when she whined about being moved.

"And what gift was that?" Mitch asked as they began walking toward the shops.

"You coming back."

~

"The first one," Kirstie said bouncing Elle on her knee. "That's you color for sure." Mitch laughed and put the second one back on the rack.

"Couldn't say I disagree," He said his face seeming to never be able to get rid of his smile.

"Of course you couldn't, it's your color, now trade you," She said handing him Elle and grabbing the shirt. "I need to pay for this beauty." Mitch laughed again and sat down entertaining Elle with games of peek-a-boo and tickling her until she shrieked with laughter.

Elle slid her finger through his hair over and over again, her eyes fascinated by how she could run her fingers through it.

"She's not hurting you right?" Kirstie asked coming back over with a bag.

"Nope," Mitch said smiling at the little girl, and even if it did Mitch would of let her continue, after what he went through he would of been able to take the small amount of pain hair pulling caused him.

~

Mitch collapsed into bed, his room's closet now full of clothes and he had a suitcase so he could move his clothes if he got tired of this building.

They had shopped all day and Mitch's feet were killing him. Without bothering to change clothes or even brush his teeth, Mitch just crawled under the covers and fell asleep.