I'm Without Your Kisses

Authors Note:

1. KIRSTIE GOT ENGAGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

2. Mitch and Scott totally avoided the 'are you dating' question. Like...? So Scomiche shippers unite, THERE IS A CHANCE!

3. The chapters will be getting shorter, sorry, just wanted to give you a heads up. It is vital to the story.

4. I'm done, onto the chapter.

~*~

Mitch placed down his pen and slammed the notebook closed and put his head in his hands. He didn't know why he felt the need to recount his life. He started in the middle of his kidnapping, or towards the end, the beginning was blurry. There was some things he couldn't remember, but most things were painted clearly into his brain. Like it was engraved inside and he was constantly staring at it. 

His time in captivity was like a ghost, constantly haunting him, driving him over and over again to the brink of sanity. Urging him to jump off, whispering to him that he was worthless. It was like a conscience that only gave bad advice.  

If a conscience was the voice of the soul, then his soul no longer had the will to live, because every part of him was breathing with the urge to die. He opened his eyes in the morning and wondered again and again if this was going to be his last day. He wondered if he could make it through this day, he wondered if he could do it. He wondered if he'd turn into something worse, turn to alcohol to forget his pain and turn into a monster. Mitch didn't want to be a monster. He'd rather die. He wouldn't try to forget his pain, he'd live with it until he couldn't anymore. 

Fortunately for him, he got the feeling that the day would be soon.