Begging You to Come Help

Mitch had run out of tears. He had cried for days straight, screaming over and over again how much he hated Abe, he screamed until he lost his voice and now he could no longer cry, for he had no more tears. 

Abe was treating him almost like a child, ignoring everything Mitch said and responding to his "I hate you"s with the simple "No, you don't". But Mitch did hate him. Mitch had no reason to like him. Abe wasn't his father, Abe didn't have his heart. Mitch hated Abe, he hated Abe with everything inside of him. But at least with this second kidnapping it wasn't about keeping Mitch, it was about having Mitch. It was about having Mitch want him and that, at least, Mitch could refuse. 

Mitch didn't want Abe, he never wanted Abe, he hated Abe. What he wanted was Scott, he wanted Scott to come save him. He needed Scott to come save him, he wasn't sure how much more of this he could handle. He hated Abe for taking him away from Scott when he just got him back. He hated Abe for hurting Scott. He hated Abe with every cell in his body, every atom and he could never love him, ever. Abe had yet to figure that out. 

The only problem was... Abe could take a hint. Mitch tried everything, screaming the words "I could never love you!" and Abe would respond calmly with "Everything takes time, sweetheart, and we have time". If Mitch would yell "I will not, can not, love you after what you did to Scott!" Abe would sigh and place his hands on Mitch's shoulders, "I didn't not harm him permanently, just making sure that he could not follow us. We need to be alone Mitiche, without the distraction of Scottie-boy, we need to be alone so you can recognize your feelings and finally start loving me back".  Mitch had spit in his face at that one and Abe sighed, calmly wiping the dripping saliva out of his eye. 

"You'll learn Mitchie," He had said before taking Mitch back to his room and locking the door behind him as he left. That was Mitch's "punishment", he would be put back into his room and left there. Abe wouldn't try to feed him (Mitch refused to eat, even when he wasn't locked up inside the room), and Mitch would stay there until Abe decided that he could come out. Abe was in control of everything. He made all the decisions, and decided when Mitch could do what. The only thing Mitch still had control over was his feelings, and all his love was for Scott.