Needle and the Thread

Scott switched from coffee to beer, preferring a drunken sleep to none at all. He wasted away hours and his money by bringing bottle after bottle to his lips. He'd find himself passed out in weird places with no recollection of what happened, what day it was, or where he was. Day and night blended together, Scott no longer being able to tell the difference between them. His whole life was passing by in a blur because he was in a constantly drunken state. He hadn't showered in weeks, empty beer bottles and grimy coffee mugs littered every surface. You wouldn't be able to walk anywhere without breaking something under your footsteps. 

In the middle of the mess was a completely wasted Scott, although he couldn't remember the last time he was sober, so this was a normal occurrence. Scott always had a beer bottle in his hand, varying fullness. Sometimes the bottle would be full, he had passed out before he managed to open the bottle. Sometimes it was half-full and the amber liquid formed a puddle around the passed out man. To any eye, it was clear Scott wasn't doing well. 

Scott stumbled, grabbing onto the end-table for support. He had a pounding headache and Mitch kept swimming through his thoughts. Scott was determined to drink both problems away. The only problem was getting to where his stored the booze. 

"Next time," Scott muttered angrily to himself as he tried to regain his balance, "You are to pass out closer to the beer, not all the way on the other side of the house." With that, Scott gave up, collapsing to the floor he tucked himself into a ball and cried. Mitch wouldn't leave his thoughts alone and even alcohol couldn't relieve this type of pain. Realizing that drinking away his problems wasn't solving them. The only way to ease this pain was to find Mitch and get him back

~*~

Author's Note

I feel bad that this chapter is so short and I haven't updated for a little bit. Not much of a reward for waiting huh? Sorry... I've been extremely busy with lacrosse season starting up and games on Saturday and Sunday, and math is screwing me over. So that's why this chapter is so short and why updates have slowed a little. I promise I haven't forgotten, I'm just really busy. 

~Jo