I'm Without Your Kisses

Mitch woke up alone and with blood crusted at the corner of his lips. Some was dripping from his nose and his whole left side of his face was inflamed with Abe inflicted pain. How Abe expected Mitch to love him after he had slapped him across the face was beyond everyone. Except Abe of course, he continued to believe that "anything" was possible despite Mitch's clear hatred. 

Mitch just hoped someone would save him. Once Mitch was saved he hoped Abe would be out behind bars forever. No more mister nice Mitch. He never wanted to see Abe's face ever again. Mitch was positive he wouldn't be able to handle being taken a third time. In fact, he didn't think Scott could handle him being taken again. A third time would probably be the death of the both of them. That is, if Mitch survives the second. 

If Mitch wasn't tied to a chair he was positive he would have gotten up repeatedly smashed his head against the wall. He couldn't believe how brainwashed he had been, thinking that he didn't hate Abe and that Abe didn't deserve to be behind bars. But Mitch has changed his mind. He hoped Abe rotted behind bars. Mitch wanted to go back in time and scream at his former self. Why hadn't he put Abe behind bars while he still had the chance? So much pain had been avoided. 

Instead of the wall, Mitch settled for banging his neck against the back of the chair he was tied to. It didn't have the same effect, but it still hurt and got his frustration out, and that was what Mitch was really going for. 

Mitch stopped and gazed up at the cracked ceiling, surprising calm after that. He studied it and wondered how much time he would spend in this god forsaken room this time? Maybe Abe had given up on him and would just keep him in her until he died. Maybe Abe was now settling with just having Mitch, rather than forcing Mitch to love him. Or Abe just wanted Mitch to be desperate. So desperate he would go to anyone for food and water, and Abe would have to be that anyone. Maybe Abe just wanted a human punching bag. Someone he can take all his drunken anger out on. Maybe Mitch should stop guessing his fate and just let it happen.