Bleed Until I Can't Breathe

Mitch picked at the stitches on his arms from the glass. He had treatment to get the glass removed, and they stitched him up, but Mitch could care less about himself. It was Scott he was worried about. Scott who they had rushed to the hospital after one glance at his back. After one touch to his forehead. And they would tell him nothing, besides asking him to go home. But Mitch couldn't go home, Mitch wouldn't go home.He wanted Scott. He needed Scott. Besides, he didn't have a home. Not anymore. He had nothing. 

"Kirstie?" Mitch asked into the mouthpiece of the phone, ignoring the woman looking at him, judging him, from the other side of the desk. Apparently at one a.m. they no longer pay for nice desk ladies. 

"Mitch?" She groaned, then realized. "Oh my Lord! Mitch! Are you okay? What's happening?" 

"Physically, I'm fine. Mentally, messed up quite a bit, but I didn't call you to talk about me. Scott's bad. Scott's really bad." 

"Is he going to make it?" Kirstie asked voicing exactly what Mitch had been worrying himself, and so he could no longer hold in his fears and he broke down into tears. 

"They haven't told me anything!" 

"Shh... Calm down, he'll be fine, when has he not been fine? Plus he's getting fantastic treatment, I'm sure when there is news someone will tell you what's going on. Call me when you hear any news, okay?"

"Okay." 

They said their goodbyes  and Mitch hung up the phone with an extra smile with the frowny desk lady. He went back to the uncomfortable chair that he claimed as his own and watched the door.

~*~

"Mitch?" A hand was shaking him. Mitch opened his eyes blinking away the blurriness.

"Scott?" He asked and flung his arms around the bigger man. "How are you?"

"The brought the fever down and stitched up my back. I'm good to go." 

"So now we both have stitches. What about mentally?" 

"Probably better than you," Scott smiled, but Mitch found nothing funny about any of this. 

"We are going to therapy. As much as I don't want to go, we both will need it."