Now I'm Gonna Reap What I Sow

The phone cord wrapped around Mitch as he spun in circles. Abe showing up at the door caused Mitch to go into a panic and now he was calling all his friends, letting them know where he was and most importantly, how to knock.

His friends were supposed to know three times really fast then twice slower then three times fast again. He had called everyone besides Scott, best for last I suppose. When he finally brought himself to call Scott, he started pacing, turning in circles, every ring making more and more nervous.

He spun so much he tripped himself up on the phone cord, causing him to fall to his knees and of course Scott chose this exact moment to pick up.

"Hello?" Scott asked, thud. 

"Hi Scott, it's Mitch." Mitch said from his place on the floor. 

"Are you okay?" Mitch bit his lip. Willing to do anything to just say yes, he was okay. Mitch knew he was talking about him falling on the floor, but the word okay just got to him. He wasn't okay. He was sure he'd never be okay. Plus is was Scott, Mitch could never lie to Scott, it was just impossible. 

"No," Mitch said and tears, along with everything that had happened, spilling out until he was a huge mess, just sprawled out on the floor. 

Alek watched from afar knowing better to interfere. Mitch had asked him to leave him alone and so Alek was honoring Mitch's request. Leaving him alone, but still watching over like some kind of guardian angle, making sure he was okay.

That's sort of how Alek thought of himself when he first let Mitch stay, and now when he first hand witnessed  how broken he was he felt like that even more. 

Mitch was flat out sobbing now, nodding along as whoever he was calling talked. Alek wanted nothing else to rush over there and try to cease the tears, whoever was on the other end wasn't doing a great job. Mitch would bark out a word or two before tears completely over came him again. 

Alek wouldn't of made him talk about it, whatever it was, he would of sat next to him, rubbed his back and waited until all the tears had came before trying to talk to him. 

Mitch was nodding again, still crying. Alek bit his lip and did exactly what Mitch asked of him not to do. He came over and crouched down so he was level with Mitch.

"Do you want me to talk?" He asked the sobbing man. Mitch looked at him and used his sleeve to try and soak up all the tears.

"No," Alek's heart dropped. He wanted to be there for Mitch, finish all the sentences he left hanging. "I think I've got it. Thank you though." Mitch pressed the phone tightly to his ear and was talking now, without crying. 

"It's not important," He kept insisting to whoever. "It's not important, let it go." Alek was sure if Mitch wasn't so broken he would of started singing. That's what everyone else does. Sing it out. 

"Yeah, I'll visit soon," Soft laughter. "See you later." Mitch stood from the ground and danced out of the grasp of the cord before placing the phone delicately back on the base. He smiled a little at Alek before going into the bathroom. The door closed and Alek fell onto the couch.