I Couldn't Sense the Pain

After about a half an hour of sitting in silence next to the strange woman, the door opened and Alek walked in shaking off water and setting down Mitch's suitcase.

"Oh," He said seeming surprised when he saw the girl. "I didn't know you were coming around today Lex." The girl frowned at him.

"That's because I stopped by to drop off some food and talk to you, I didn't know you had your boyfriend over."

"I'm not his boyfriend." Mitch said before Alek could say anything.

"Anyway, Lexi thanks for coming over, but it's really not a good time." Lexi huffed but didn't move. Alek sighed and just motioned Mitch over to him.

"Who is she?" Mitch asked in a hushed voice, feeling very uncomfortable with the whole situation.

"My horrible, bratty, younger sister." Mitch smiled a little. "Anyway, there was someone outside your room door when I went in. I played it off as if I were a friend picking up some stuff you said I could borrow, but I really doubt he believed me." Mitch looked at him.

"If you run into him again try saying your name is Scott, actually, don't he might try to kill you." Mitch laughed softly. Alek didn't.

"Why Scott?" Mitch felt as if someone was pulling on his heart strings. He should of never mentioned Scott, it was too painful.

"I'll tell you later." Alek nodded and Mitch headed back to the couch, dragging his suitcase behind him. Lexi got up and went to talk to Alek. Mitch heard hushed conversation but he couldn't and didn't want to hear what they were talking about.

Lexi finally left, making sure to slam the door behind her.

"I'm sorry," Mitch said from the couch. "I didn't mean to cause you any trouble. I can leave if you want me to. I understand-" Alek cut him off.

"It's not you, it's just I owe Lexi a favor and well she's not being easy about me paying it back." Mitch still frowned.

"But really, if I'm causing any trouble what so ever, I really have no trouble leaving. I have some friends that would probably let me crash there for a while..." He trailed off and his eyes widened."Oh my god, I'm putting your life in danger. I should leave and just, pretend you don't know who I am."

"Woah, slow down, tell me whats happening."

Mitch took a deep breath. "I was being slipped these notes, my former kidnapper, Abe, threatened the lives of my friends, he said how much he loved me, that he'd do anything to get me back, and if you get in the way of him getting me," Mitch hiccuped and started crying again. "I'm afraid he might kill you. I'm so sorry, I understand if you want me to leave."

"I don't want you to leave, but I want you to tell the cops about this." Mitch shuddered just thinking about it.

"If he goes to jail then when he gets out he'll be angry and come after me."

"Mitch, you should really go to the cops, if he's threatening you, plus you have the evidence that could get him thrown in jail." Mitch shook his head still crying.

"I don't want him to go to jail. I think he's a broken person and jail would just break him more."

"What if he goes after someone else?"

"I'm NOT going to the cops!" Mitch yelled finally. Alek flinched back but nodded.

"Just think about it."