Get You Out of My Head

"No," Scott shook his head, "Absolutely not, I am not leaving you in this hell hole," Scott reached forward and gripped Mitch's arms, his hands shaking. "I'm not leaving you ever again." 

"You have to," Mitch hissed. "Abe won't let me out his sight and staying here will kill you. You're sick and Abe isn't going to help you. I can't get the correct medicine, Scott please, we don't have a choice."

"And what if it doesn't work? What if Abe finds out and takes you somewhere? Then we'll never see each other again," Scott released Mitch and ran a hand through his hair. His palm hit his burning forehead and Scott winced, Mitch was right, if he stayed here too much longer he probably wouldn't be able to survive. 

"Don't think like that, the plan will work," Mitch insisted. "We can't afford to think like that." 

"Mitch..." Scott paused as the world swam. "I don't think I can run." 

"You have to, steal Abe's car, get far away from here and start screaming for help. You're the only hope for us to get out of here." 

"I can't leave you!" 

"Yes, you can. You have to, I'm not giving you a choice. I want to get out of here as much as you do, and getting out of here means you have to be the one to go. There isn't another way. Scott, you'll die here and I don't think I can survive another year in captivity. You're our only chance. You have to do this," Mitch shook his head before placing it in his hands, trying to hold back the tears that were threatening to spill from his eyes. "You have to Scott." 

"Mitch... What happens if Abe catches me?" Scott asked quietly. Mitch's eyes hardened.

"He won't catch you, I'll make sure of that." 

"What are you planning to do?" Scott asked, letting the fear he was feeling drip into his voice.

"You may be bigger than me Scott, but you cannot fight all my battles for me. I have to fight some for myself. Think of it as me paying you back, I'll fight this battle for you."