And Now That

Scott was on his fifth cup of coffee. He felt like a zombie, he hadn't even closed his eyes last night and even after five cups he still felt drowsy. 

"This cannot be healthy," Scott murmured to himself as he poured his sixth. But Scott didn't care, couldn't care. He'd start to drink one thousand cups a day if it meant the detectives could find Mitch. Drinking one thousand cups of coffee, however, wasn't the worst thing he'd convinced himself he' do. He decided that he would fling himself off a cliff if it meant Mitch could come home unharmed, and that he was unharmed in this very moment. 

But that may not be true, for the is a part inside Scott. Call him selfish, but he wouldn't give up his life for Mitch's safety. Even though late at night he tried to convince himself that he would. No, Scott wanted to be here when Mitch was returned to him. Scott wanted to hold him in his arms and kiss all his worries goodbye. His soul would never be able to rest without Scott being able to hold Mitch one last time. And Scott poured himself another cup of coffee, as long as Mitch was out there, Scott would not sleep. He didn't think he'd be able to. 

~*~

"Eat goddamnit!" Abe yelled, finally breaking his calm demeanor. He slammed the spoon down onto the table, making the bowl tip over and spill soup, that dripped off the table and onto Mitch's lap. With his arms bound, Mitch could do nothing to stop the steady drip of boiling hot soup that was soaking his pants. "Why don't you eat?" 

"I'm boycotting," Mitch replied trying to ignore the pain in his legs from the too hot soup. Why Abe had made it so hot it burned, Mitch had no idea, but now he was on the worse end of it. 

"Boycotting what?" Abe snarled. "Life? If you don't eat sweetheart, you are going to die. Do you want me to hook you up to an IV?" 

"I'm boycotting you," Mitch replied, he was finally the calm one, he finally had control over something. "You can't control me." Abe clenched his fists and picked up the bowl from the table, dumping the bowl and the spoon into the sink. He then yanked Mitch's chair away from the table and turned Mitch to face him.  

"Boycotting?" Abe said strangely calm. Mitch felt fear rush over him and he fought to keep his voice steady.

"Yes." Abe raised his hand at that word and Mitch felt a rush of pain before everything went black.