I'm Aching

Mitch couldn't befriend the monster that was eating his brain. That was sucking away any sliver of happiness that Mitch thought he had. Scott, who once brought a smile as bright as the sun, now brought nothing. Mitch never meeting his eyes. Mitch no longer caring if Scott was okay. When you give everything for someone, you expect that when you are struggling the most, the would give up something for you. But Mitch was learning the hard way... they usually don't. 

While you fought their battle for them, letting your hands get covered in blood, they sit idly by while you fight yours. 

To the person I thought was my best friend,

I wish we fought. 

Because then you would have been easier to hate.  

You may have noticed I no longer speak to you. You brought this upon yourself. Having one sided conversations hurt me more than I'm willing to admit, so one day I matched the effort you were putting towards our friendship. 0.

I hope to make a bonfire someday, with all the words that you wrote and lied. And all the words I wrote to you that are no longer tre. I want to fade into ashes, because now they mean nothing. They mean as much as I do to you. Nothing. 

I was ready to marry you, to fight your battles for you. To keep your hands clean while mine got covered in blood. 

But when it was time to fight mine?

You were on the other side and I was alone. ready to lay down and die. 

I thought you were a leader, but you're nothing but a follower, doomed to die for the wrong side.

Once I wished for you to come crawling back. Back then I would have wrapped you in a blanket and set you by the fire. Welcomed you with open arms back into my heart. 

But those who do it once will do it again and my heart is already broken enough. So now when you knock on my door, I'll lock it and scream for you to take care of yourself. The abused becomes the abuser and I will take my anger out on you. 

So goodbye, I hope someone does exactly what you did to me, because this world is full of shitty people and the worst deserve the worst. And you, in my humble opinion, belong on that list. 

I hope we never speak again. It'll be a relief to us both. So in my last act of kindness to your cold soul, is to give your wish to you. I will now see myself out of your life.

Bye.