I'll Be Needing Stitches

..." Scott stopped reading and placed the book on the table beside him. It had been a year since suicide claimed Mitch's life and he hadn't been able to touch the journal. It was a recount of everything that had happened to him, everything that caused him to finally decide that life would be too hard. 

Scott placed his head in his hands and grabbed his car keys from the table by the door. He sat into the driver's seat and placed his hands on the grip of the wheel. It would be so easy to end it all, just drive his car off the side of a bridge, persay. But he didn't want to. He wanted to live his life of freedom, something Mitch obviously didn't feel. So instead Scott drove to the flower shop.

"Hi, Mrs. O'Neal," Scott greeted the small, gray haired lady who ran the flower shop. Somehow, she had gotten him to spill his story, and she became his best friend. 

"Did you finally finish his journal?" Mrs. O'Neal asked sweeping the floor and letting him into the flower room. 

"Yeah," Scott ran his hand through his hair and browsed through the many choices of flowers that was offered to him. 

"Oh, sweetie... going to visit him then?" Mrs. O'Neal wrapped Scott into one of her hugs. She smelled like the flowery perfume he had gotten her for Christmas. 

"Yeah, it'd only be right." 

"Get him white," She suggested, pointing to a lovely bundle of daisies. "They are supposed to be the color of perfection." Scott nodded and picked up a bundle. He put one hand into his pocket, fishing for his wallet.

"Oh, no..." He groaned and turned to place the flowers back into their designated spot.

"What is it sweetheart?" Mrs. O'Neal asked, turning in his direction. 

"Forgot my wallet," Scott asked and glanced up at the sky, it was already getting dark, and Scott didn't want to visit Mitch when it was pitch black. "I'll just visit him tomorrow."

"Take them for free," Mrs. O'Neal insisted. "You've been too kind to me, let me repay you."

"Thanks, but I will pay you back!" Scott called as he raced out the door. Mrs. O'Neal chuckled and turned her attention back to the floor. 

But then again, Suicidal people are just angels who want to go home and Mitch managed to succeed. 

Authors Note:

Y'all still want a sequel?