Chapter 17- I Already Know the Truth (Part 1):

Chapter- 17 I Already Know the Truth (Part 1)

The ride home was silent. It was way too awkward for my taste. The only things that helped were the music and the fact that he was driving. I kept chewing on my bottom lip as I thought about the kiss-the one that shouldn’t have happened between us. Every few minutes I glanced at Jake to see if I could tell what he was thinking. But every time I looked at him, he seemed completely fine. Maybe I was the one that the awkward fairy decided to pay a visit to. Either way, I wasn’t going to be talking any time soon.

I stared out the window, watching everything pass by us. After a few minutes, we passed town and all of the lights faded until there was nothing but forest left. My eyes skimmed the trees. I wondered if Nate was out there somewhere. I wanted nothing more than to talk to him right now. I needed some advice. I glanced at the trees again, and before I knew it, I felt Jake touch my leg. I just about jumped a mile.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you,” he muttered. I shake my head to clear my thoughts.

“No, it’s okay,” is all I said.

“We’re here,” he said. I looked in front of us to see we were in fact in front of my house. None of the lights were on. My parent’s must’ve thought I was in bed already and they probably went to bed as well.

“Well…thanks…for tonight. I really needed it,” I muttered. I gave him a small smile and opened the door.

“Cass, wait,” he said before I could step out. I turned back to him and suddenly he grabbed my waist and pulled me towards him. He smashed his lips to mine. My body reacted on its own. My mind completely shut down. I tangled my hands in his hair and he pulled me onto his lap so I was straddling him. His arms tightened around me, making me press into him further. A burning erupted inside of me and I couldn’t stop what I was doing. He kissed his way to my earlobe and nibbled on it. He kissed the spot below it and my breathing picked up. He kissed and bit my skin gently as he made his way down my neck. I tilted my head to the side to give him better access. He made his way back up to my mouth and deepened the kiss. I moaned against his lips and I-

“NO!” I screamed. I looked around, only to find myself in my room. It was completely dark outside. I looked at the time on my alarm clock and saw it was two-thirty in the morning. Sweat was all over my body. I was panting heavily as I tried to figure out what’d just happened. Was that all just a dream? I put a hand to my head when I felt it start to throb painfully. My mind was so confused; I didn’t notice anyone else was in the room until I heard a groan.

“Can you keep it down?” a husky voice asked. I screamed again and jumped a mile in the air.

“Shh! Geez you’re loud! Some people actually like to sleep at night in case you hadn’t noticed,” someone whispered.

“Who are you and what the freaking heck are you doing in my room?” I shrieked.

“Like I said, some of us enjoy sleeping. So keep it down.”

“Not until I get some answers!”

“It’s just me,” he said getting up.

“Jake!” I cried. I pulled the blanket up to my neck. “What the-how did-why-“

“You don’t remember anything?” he asked still whispering. I shook my head-which made the throbbing even worse-and scooted over to the other side of the bed when he sat down.

“What do you mean?” I asked finally whispering as well.

“Well, we went roller skating but then you ran into a pole and you hit your head pretty hard and you’ve been out ever since,” he explained.