Chapter 28- My Work Here Is Done:

A/N: Hey! So I decided to do a little double update since I've written pretty far into this story already, so just to get this going just a little faster, I've uploaded two chapters. Oh, and if it's not too much to ask, please give my other story a try, The Material Girl. I know there's only one chapter up, but I'm gonna upload the next one for that as well. Anyways.....enjoy!!!!! :)

Chapter 28- My Work Here Is Done

The next day, I walked into school with my bag on my shoulder and a big smile on my face. I’d spent the whole day with Jake yesterday and I haven’t stopped smiling since. It would be forever glued to my face, and I was fine with it. I was glad to be this happy. Only he could make me feel this way.

As I walked up to the door, I saw something out of the corner of my eye. I turned my head, and saw Alex talking to someone. I tried to look to see who it was, but he had his back turned toward me. I stopped walking to watch and see what was going on. Who was that guy?

I looked at Alex’s face and saw that it looked cold at first. Then it changed to one of shock, then anger. He was livid. I squinted and saw that his hands were shaking. Then his arms. He was about to shift. I started walking over to them, to try and see what was going on that would make him so upset. But then his eyes went to me, and locked on mine. They made me freeze in my tracks. I’ve never seen Alex so pissed before. Whenever I saw him, he was always so happy and joking around. There was absolutely no trace of jokes or smiles on his face when he looked at me. I gave him a confused look as to what was going on, but he turned his head away from me to look at the guy he was talking to with an icy glare that would make Hell freeze over.

Well that just made my smile disappear.

“Cassie!” I heard someone call. I didn’t turn at first. I wanted to see if I could tell who the person was. I wanted to know why Alex looked so upset. “Hey!”

I turned when someone grabbed my arm and saw it was Katie.

“Hey, didn’t you hear me calling you?” she asked.

“Oh, sorry. I was just…daydreaming. What’s up?” I asked.

“Well Steph and I are going to the mall after school today…”

My eyes flickered over to Alex. He was still talking to the guy. I took another look at the person and saw that he was about the same height as Alex. He had somewhat long blond hair. By the looks of him, he was pretty built. He must be a shifter as well. No regular human is that strong looking. He was wearing a black t-shirt and dark jeans and combat boots. Just from the back of him, I could tell that he must be the pretty-boy type.

Ugh, just great.

I rolled my eyes at the back of him. I wonder if he’s from the pack. I don’t think I’ve ever seen him before…maybe I have? Maybe I just didn’t notice him. If I see his face, I can place him in my memory. But since I can’t…

“So you’re coming right?” Katie asked. I snapped my eyes back to her to see she was looking at me hopefully.

“Oh, uh, yeah. Sure,” I said nodding. She squealed happily and threw her arms around me.

“Great! This is going to be so awesome! Meet us in the food court at three thirty!” she said happily before running off into the building. I managed a smile. Well I’m glad I could make her happy. I turned back to Alex to see the guy started walking away. Alex was staring at the ground, the glare still on his face. His arms were folded across his chest, but I could see his hands clenched into fists. His eyes suddenly snapped up to mine. His face turned down and he looked at me with sympathy. I questioned him with my eyes, but before I could walk over and ask him what was wrong, I felt a strong arm go around my waist. Immediately, the smile was back on my face.