Chapter 7. Max

The next thing I remember after Heather hugging me was waking up back on the couch with Rheannah over me. She was still seven. I grab a chunk of my overgrown messy hair. It was brunette. Not blue.

I must have been dreaming or something.

"Max!" Rheannah shouts and hugs me, "You're okay."

"You're lucky I found my stash of moonlight water in the back of the cupboard. Your father is still gone."

Rheannah stands up and turns away, "He can stay gone for all I care."

"Rheannah!"

"He didn't do anything to save him mom. I can't forgive that. He's the only brother I have." Rheannah turned away with her sword away on her belt. She went to her room and closed the door.

To think that was the start of her whole ownage issues ideal.

My mother sat on edge of the couch, stroking back my hair, "How are you feeling?"

"I saw a girl mom. She had purple hair and orange eyes. Her name was Heather."

My mother's eyes flashed over in fear with that name, "so the moonlight water didn't save you..."

I gave her a puzzled look, "huh?"

"Oh nothing, just thinking about your father's work. He met with a girl named Heather a few weeks ago."

It was that day that I vowed to find this girl named Heather. I knew what she was going to look like in a little less than ten years so it wouldn't be that hard to find her, right?