Chapter 63. Max

"And we're back to where we started," Rheannah sighed aloud, "Liandria."

"Brave warriors get banished here all the time. We just have to make the best of it." I mocked her with the exact words she stated the last time we were here, "why do we keep coming back here? Can't we find somewhere else to go?"

Heather yawned and looked to me, "and where might that be? We're not exactly welcome anywhere." We started to walk back to the small shop we found earlier.

"It's at least warmer here." Sheria tried to keep on the bright side of things.

I shrugged, "well there has to be somewhere else. We can't keep coming back to this place otherwise—"

"Someone will recognize our faces and the fact this is a common spot we return to. Make this place a target." Heather finished for me, "well we're obviously not welcome back in Issola. One foot in the moonlight caverns and I'm a goner for sure. I'm not going back to the UWT anytime soon or any suburb of the UWT since we're on a mission here. Also these guys don't wanna go to Rydia-Dalice since they aren't rule breakers like I am."

Josh glared at Heather, "only those who have powers of water can go there Heather we talked about this last year. You can't keep breaking rules."

"Well I'm going. Max is taking me, aren't you Max?"

I just scratched the back of my neck nervously, "eventually. I haven't been there myself. It's only where my family council is."

"And we have found him!" We all turned from looking at each other to straight in front of us. Two men stood in front of us glaring down at us kids. Heather quickly pulled out her bow and laced an arrow of fire, then jumped in front of Sheria and I.

I quickly saw the uniforms the men were wearing. They were from Rydia-Dalice. I've seen the council uniforms. That man used to have one as well.

"I don't know who you are but you will not touch my friends. Sheria stay back!"

The men quickly saw her flames and how Heather's eyes coated over from lavender to fire. They stepped back and drew their swords.

"Heather stop! It's okay!" I shouted, "they're from Rydia-Dalice. They have the uniform!"

Rheannah drew her sword and used her wind to allow her to flip over Heather and land perfectly in front of her in a decent fighting stance, "well then there's only one way to find out if they're for real."

"We've only came for Maxamus. You were not summoned Rheannah nor will ever be since you've already broken the rules and left the Moonlight Caverns." The man on the right's voice was sincere and rather scary to say the least. He had a slim build, however that didn't disguise the way he held his sword. He definitely knew how to wield it, just like the more buff man on his left.

"Meh, lame. I break at least three rules a day." Heather spat.

"Who is this abomination?" The man on the left asked me, "Why are you hanging around with shady fire wielders? It is ungraceful."

"The name's Heather. Heather Mellissa. Don't forget it. I am ungraceful and I'd like to keep it that way. Grace won't save you from the dangers in the world." Heather pulled back a little more on her bow before the flame vanished and she fell to the ground.

"Heather!" I shouted as I dropped to my knees to see what happened to her.

"What did you do to my sister?!" Sheria shouted, quite enraged Heather fell once again.

"Everyone just shut up!" Dawnlight snapped as we all fell silent. I held an unconscious Heather close to me while Dawnlight walked out between all of us, "these are men from Rydia-Dalice. How do I know? The uniforms and I can feel their powers. Their swords have the marking on the hilts and they have medals of honor. Stop your bickering."