Chapter 22. Heather

This was it.

It was about nine-thirty at night, so not too late, when I was able to sneak into the moonlight caverns. It wasn't even difficult to sneak in. If it was difficult, I wouldn't have gotten in as quick as I did.

I was running through the streets now, looking for any hint of where Max was. While the Moonlight Caverns weren't exactly a large town, there were still plenty of houses to search through. It'd take days to finally track down who this was without being seen.

Go figure, I know.

There was only one house in the town with its lights still on, and inside there was the shadows of two figures fighting. It looked bad, so I decided to run up and ring the doorbell to see if I could stop the arguing.

The fighting quickly stops. I saw two swords being put away. This was odd.

A younger girl with long blonde hair opens the door with her sword still in her hand. "And who just might you be?" She asked. She had several cuts and bruises. She looked as if she was training. Her pink shirt was torn in several places, and her black pants had cuts here and there.

"I-I'm sorry, I must have the wrong house." I stuttered.

"Rheannah, who's there?" A boy walked up behind Rheannah. I got a good glimpse of his eyes.

They were the same beautiful eyes...

"Max!" I gasped aloud.

Rheannah turned to her brother, "you know this chick?"

Max shook his head, "I don't think...unless..."

"What's your name?" Rheannah demanded. She was a bit intimidating; however, I did my best to keep my cool. She wasn't the most intimidating person I've seen.

"Heather, I'm Heather Mellissa of Issola, heir to branches T-A-P-E and under the direct protection of Thalia." I spoke aloud.

Max pointed to me, "that necklace, that's the same one. That's Thalia's heart amulet."

"She's the one; I can't believe the right one just shows up on our doorstep. Well that makes life a lot easier." Rheannah laughs to herself as she walks around in the doorway, "Right there is Thalia's necklace. Wow this is just great."

I pointed to myself as I grabbed my heart amulet, "Me?"

"I'm Max of Moonlight Caverns, heir to branches T-A-P-E and under the direct protection of Puggy, that's my sister Rheannah—"

"Of the Moonlight Caverns, heir to branches T-A-P-E and under the direct protection of Elizabeth. I don't know why we're introducing each other under our full formal names it's too tacky. Come in, we'll get you some hot chocolate Max was just making me some."

Max crossed his arms, "no I wasn't."

"You are now." Rheannah laughed as she closed the door behind me, "sorry he's a bit shy around other people he tries to keep it all formal."

"Uh..." I stated not knowing what to say. This girl was crazy. Everyone just did what she said.

"Don't worry about him he's fine. You're bonded to him too so you'll have to learn to deal with him."

"Shut up Rheannah!" Max shouted from the kitchen, "we're going to unbind ourselves so we can go on with our lives as if nothing happened. I just haven't found out how yet."

Rheannah laughed, "yeah you just keep reading those scriptures of yours."

"He can read them too? The ancient scriptures?" I asked in a small voice from where I sat on the couch in their living room.