Chapter 32. Max

"This couch feels so soft!" Heather took up the entire couch as she outstretched her arms onto the floor. It was her bed for the moment. Because we were on shift duty, we didn't get any sleep at all. The two of us were fairly equally tired.

I crashed onto a chair next to the couch, "this chair feels so soft."

"I'm going to run out to the store to get some food; I'll be back in about half an hour." Dawnlight told as she left the warm cottage. I was glad I wasn't her.

"Hey, get your wet selves off the furniture!" Weird-o shooed both of us off the couch and chairs, "not until you're dry. Go take a shower and dry off first before changing."

"Alright, shower's up for grabs." Rheannah came out of the back hallway and brushed back her wet dirty blonde hair, "Sheria already took one. She's sleeping now in one of the bedrooms. It's best not to disturb her." She was wearing a different hot pink tank top with a grey cloth-like robe sweater and a nice pair of black jeans. She walked around with her styled tennis shoes while she eyes Heather's boots, "man, I wish my mother would let me get better combat boots for training. It would make training a lot easier."

Heather shrugged, looking down at her brown knee-high horse riding boots. They had rather flat bottoms too, "eh, the only reason I wear boots is to keep my feet dry and to keep things in my boots." She pulled out a small notebook from her right boot, "these are all the notes we took, or a condensed version of all the notes we took. I wasn't going to leave that place without any information at all just in case they took away all the books.

I turned my attention back to Rheannah, "hey Rheannah...do you think mom's alright?" I asked her in a smaller voice.

Rheannah just nodded in response and sat on the couch, "I'm sure she's fine. Why wouldn't she be? The family hates her for some reason, but they won't do anything to her since you're still here. Even though she let you leave, they still will trust her because it's about you. They're probably flipping out because they can't find you right now. They're crazy about you since you're the heir since that man left us."

"Yeah, and what happens when I refuse to be family head? Because I'm not going to be family head. I won't be the head of a family that won't let my own sister be there with me."

"Your family is sick and twisted. I'm glad I'm not from any royal lineage." Heather sighed as she sat on the floor.

I shook my head, "We're the second most powerful family there is. The only one stronger than ours is—"

"The Blacks. Nasty family. They do cruel things to people. Said to have created a race of immortal humans that are just reborn as children as soon as they die with all their memories intact. They just keep living over and over again with the same life with the same people. It must be terrible being those people." Rheannah sneered to herself.

I continued for Heather, "every time the powers of the world rebalance they only seem to gain more power. It's only strange because the powers of the world rebalance at weird times. They rebalance way too often."

She just shrugged to me, "that's weird. I just felt the world was normal the way it was. I don't think the Blacks are causing too much of a disturbance."

"They're making the rest of the world their slaves. They already have an army of immortal ones, however most if not all have betrayed the family now. I actually met three of the ones that work for our Lords directly." The Weird-o entered the conversation, "two of them are on their 26th life right now. They do covert operations that they are given, although no one has heard from them in almost seven years now."