Chapter 73. Max

Heather was nowhere to be found. We had searched everywhere. Dawnlight had rejoined me as we surveyed the teleportation platform. No one had used it as of late oddly enough.

Rheannah sighed as she walked into the room with Josh, "I don't understand how they got away. No one left through the entrance, and no one left through the teleportation portal."

"Unless the Mor family was in on it." Dawnlight suggested, "they have teleportation as their power. And as far as we know, their oldest son and the heir to the throne is either dead or gone rogue. No one's heard from him for years."

Josh shook his head, "I highly doubt that the royal Mor family has anything to do with this. The only daughter has been missing for years. Taking Heather would have nothing to do with their plans. I would like you however, Max, to go to their kingdom and talk to them, asking if one of them can come here to see if a portal was used. They would know. They can detect their element."

"You want me to go to a king and ask if I can borrow one of his sons to come help me find a missing girl after two of his own children are missing?" I asked Josh, "are you mental?"

Dawnlight nodded, "They would listen to you. They have respect for your family. Your father worked with their missing son."

"And just how do you know this?" Rheannah questioned Dawnlight.

"Records!" Dawnlight responded quickly, "I found an interesting record paper trail when we were searching records. Didn't yield much however."

"Interesting..." Josh responded, "I was only suggesting Max went because of his status. I would think they'd respect you, Max."

Rheannah gave both of the two a strange look, "you were not going to try to set up my brother with the lost princess?"

"Nonsense." Josh responded. What a Weird-o. "Max, we have to find Heather. Will you accompany me to Prontienia to a meeting with the Royal family?"

I rolled my eyes, "whatever as long as this doesn't take too long."

"He's turning more into Heather every day." Dawnlight patted Josh on the back, "That means you're with me, Rheannah. We're going to look for any evidence that was left behind."

Rheannah smiled as she took out her hoverboard, "Later kid. Don't get yourself overwhelmed with royalty. Your girlfriend that you need to save is more important."

"Heather is not my girlfriend."

She gave only a slight hint of a smirk at my words. "You say that, but here you are going after to save her this time."

"Only to prove a point now. That she's not that stuck up and can't save the world on her own."

Josh smirked as he ushered me into a portal with him, "yeah let's see how far that gets you." He then turned to me once we got to the other side, "good thing your only clean clothes today were your Merrywell clothes. If you weren't wearing them we'd have to go stop back at our base. Anyways listen: you're twelve years old. Don't go making any sudden movements on Heather. She's not looking for a lover. She can't have one. It's only going to slow down her growth and in the end she's not going to be willing to fight at her maximum potential because she's be too busy in la la land instead of being able to perform at her highest potential. She's been trained to react and if you keep coming onto her she'll loose her special training."

I glared at him, "She's not who I thought she was. Anyways I'm not into her. I'm here to get her back so we can all go home and move on with our lives if nothing ever happened. And trust me. She's not into me. She'd sooner burn the world down and arise her own petty little kingdom out of the ashes than even think about admitting she even has the slightest bit of respect towards me."