Chapter 77. Max

The next morning arrived rather quickly compared to the long night prior to this. Heather was already awake, and was helped into some better clothes. Although they were more 'day' clothes, the pink shirt she wore was rather short, as if it was for someone much smaller than Heather. Although it did expose her rather stunning midriff...although she didn't seem to think as highly of it. Heather was more lucky in the pants department due to skirts and leggings being a thing. She didn't look too pleased wearing a skirt though, especially since she was still barefoot. None of the shoes in the house must have fit her properly.

It was rather obvious that all of this annoyed her by the way her eyes were flickering with the tiniest specs of orange and the glare she held at my own shoes. She had her arms crossed, and combined with her outfit it made her seem like some entitled spoiled dance brat.

That or just some child brat in general. I admit she did act a little bratty every once in a while...but perhaps that wasn't due to her upbringing but rather her knowledge on her powers and her ability to feel like she's restricting herself when she knows she can do much more...like perhaps burn down this whole forest if she so chose to...

Heather glared back to me, huffing aloud, "Do you have your hoverboard?" She grumbled some more beneath her breath and she let the girls braid her hair into some form of a braided ponytail.

I dug through my pockets, "Uh maybe, don't you have that stupid curse of yours still?"

"I gave it back to my amulet. I'm not a bird, I'm a person. Plus Sheria's going to remove it from me as soon as I get back anyway. She had all the stuff."

"Once we pick her up, Dawnlight took her to my house to be kept safe."

"Alright, then to the Moonlight caverns we go! I'm ready to get my bow back and my real clothes...my hoverboard, that new belt I just got...and a pair of shoes!" Heather looked at her bare feet once again.

The older woman sighed, "How materialistic of you."

"Without them I can't protect myself, Sheria, or my friends. I really just need my bow...it's probably fairly upset at me for handing it to Sheria to protect herself instead of me wielding it in the end..."

"It's probably not as moody as your amulet." I told Heather as I checked over myself one last time to make sure I had everything I came with—which wasn't much.

"You'd be surprised. When the Weird-o tried to use it a few years ago when we were having our competition amongst powers to defeat me, it kinda backfired on him." Heather explained as she fiddled with her amulet in her right hand.

I gave her a weird expression, "How did he get a hold of your bow?"

"All our equipment was left in the grand hall in a pile like when we were there last time. If we wanted to go get a sword or a bow, we'd have to engage in a brawl with the other powers. Us fire wielders decided to raid the courtyard practice locker room. The equipment wasn't the greatest, but Zena and I were able to sneak in and out with a small team to get some equipment and basic armor. I had a beginners bow that I rigged to act like a normal bow."

"Weren't you afraid someone was going to take your bow?"

Heather shook her head, "Nah, I put a hexing seal on my bow, a lot of people put seals on their personal equipment. Mainly tracking seals. I put one of those on there too. They could attempt to break the seals, but there's a reason people only took their own equipment typically. I didn't bother getting my bow since I put that tracking seal on it. I know it got to the earth user base. Besides, it was too risky considering I was a target since I won for the past few years."