Chapter 35. Heather

"What happened here...?" I gasped as we walked out into the streets of Issola. Buildings were on fire—the sky was on fire—the streets were empty, other buildings were in ruin, shrapnel was everywhere, and the air was filled with smoke.

"This is definitely not how we left here." Sheria stated, shaking her head wishing it'd all go back to normal.

I turned to Dawnlight and the Weird-o, "were we under attack?"

"Who knows. We need to go find people."

"Jen!" Sheria and I shout as we take off to our house. The other four run behind us. I grab my bow and string an arrow along it just in case. What was going on? Was Jen alright? She had to be. She just had to be.

"Max go with Heather, Rheannah come with us to the Academy. Get to the Academy as soon as possible all of you." The Weird-o stated.

Max nodded, "got it!" as we split off. By the time we arrived at our house, the house was just starting to catch fire.

"No you don't get to burn down my house!" I stated as I shot an arrow into the house through a broken window. The arrow gathered all the fire as the house was left to be. The three of us entered, looking for anything and anyone.

"Jen? Jen can you hear me? Frank? Mom? Dad?!" Sheria called out everyone's name.

"Sheria, Heather, is that you?" We heard a voice. We quickly uncovered the bolted closed basement door by me physically burning away the barricade before we ran down the stairs into the basement. There our parents were tied to a pole in the center of the basement.

"Mom! Dad!" Sheria and I shouted as we untied them. Max helped as well. Sheria and I embraced our parents as they cried.

"You're both okay, we were worried they caught you while you were gone."

"We're fine mom; we're not hurt at all." I lightly laughed in almost a cry.

"And who might he be?" My father asked of Max.

I answered for Max, "He's Max. I told you he was real. I found him."

"Oh, Heather, Jen and Frank...they have them at the Academy..." My mother cried, "They came here looking for you. They took them because they thought they were as strong as you were. You have to save them..."

"You need to get out of here it isn't safe." I told my mother and father.

"Get your sister and brother; we'll take care of ourselves." My father stated to me, "you're strong enough to save the world. Just remember that. Don't ever doubt yourself. If you believe you can do it you can do it. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise." My father and mother both hugged Sheria and I for one last time before my father looked Max dead in the eyes, "you best protect her with your life. I know you are the right person since you have that man's eyes."

"I-I will!" Max stuttered to answer. He wasn't really sure of how to respond to such a direct demand.

"We should get going, for Sheria," I stated.

Sheria nodded, "be careful mom, dad."

"We will, you take care of yourself and your sister now. Do you have your staff or rod?"

"I grabbed it when we entered," Sheria held up her staff. It was the combination of a staff and a rod. Too long for a rod, too short for a stall. A wooden stick with a greenish yellow crystal at the top that radiated off her earthy powers.

"Good luck, take care," My mother said as the three of us left.

After we left the house I whispered to myself, "Bye Mom, Bye Dad, I love you."