Chapter 26. Jenifer

"Anything you say can and most definitely used against you. Let us make it that much more clear right now." The leader-man of the rebel Alfreds barked. Right after Heather, Sheria, Josh, and Dawnlight left the Alfreds came one night and started fires everywhere in the town. We were attacked from the inside. Half the city was in ruins. We were in fear. Heather wasn't here to stop the fire. She wasn't here to protect us.

She left us defenseless.

With three of the best mages here, the one who actually could literally play with fire all gone and away off somewhere.

Well, we were pretty defenseless.

They gathered all of us left and separated us by age. However they put me with the academy kids, the older kids, just because I was related to Heather.

"I'll say." Zena, one of Heather's training partners spoke. She was seventeen now. Zena was a fire type just like Heather; only Zena was a lot less powerful than Heather. Josh had Zena help Heather when she first went to the academy.

"What was that Miss Eldrid?"

"If it can and will be used against me, then it's just like every other word I've spoken up until this point. What's your point there sir? Trying to intimidate me 'cause this is war? Well I know this is a damn war and you may think I'm the hostage now but just you wait because nowhere in history has evil prevailed. Nowhere."

"She's right." My brother spoke, "So you take over a school of mages. You can't force us to use our power. Try as you like. We're just kids. You already took our parents away. We can do just as much damage to your families too." They probably killed our parents. I bet they didn't think so many of us were willing to disown everything we had in the sake of righteousness.

The leader laughed, "what you going to do now, your little 'protector' is gone and so are her trainers."

"She's bringing reinforcements." I spat.

"What was that Miss Middle Mellissa?"

"It's Jenifer. Jenifer Lewis Mellisa!" I shouted as the earth below me started to tremble, "She'd never betray us. You just wait. She'll be back and when she is she'll make you pay for all the terrible crimes you've done to everyone here."

The man laughed after he pulled out three vials, "three perfect subjects to convert you over to the dark side, just wait, and you'll see the world like we do. The world is a terrible place and needs a new ruler. Nellie will fall and we will arise to take over the world!"

"Get a more original plot first. Then we'll talk." Zena spat back.

"Oh we have one. Nellie isn't what we're after. Neither is the world. It's the extreme power that will be ours once the sacrifice is made and the powers are redistributed. The four Lords will fall and instead of them we will have all the power in the world in our hands." After a moment of cackling the man's smile grew full of shadows and evil intentions, "I don't even need to fight your little savior. You're going to because the darkness told you to. Once the light in the world is gone, darkness will prevail!"

The man got some of his henchmen to force the liquid down the throats of Frank, Zena, and me unwillingly.

And that's the last thing I remembered for years.Resisting the resistance and believing that Heather would come and save us.