Chapter 75. Max

An hour later, we continued to search along the outskirts of the place Heather could've been taken with Prince Owen and a guard. Up to this point, they've found nothing. Rheannah even joined us to no avail. It was as if Heather dropped off the face of the earth.

"I'm sorry I'm not finding anything, but there really is no presence." Owen explained as he continued walking, "usually I can feel it, but I can't."

The Weird-o Josh, was having a full out panic attack. "What am I gonna do if we can't find her? Nellie's gonna kill me!"

Rheannah sighed, "you said that the last time, and probably the time before. Heather likes to go missing. It's what she does. She obviously doesn't like you very much."

"Not like this! She could be anywhere!"

"Hold on, hold on, the kid's onto something!" I stated as I saw Owen run off in the opposite direction. I was quick to follow him, "Did you find something?"

He nodded, "yeah it's really faint they did a good job of hiding it. They didn't want to be traced."

"Of course not because they have Heather." I panted as we continued to run. Owen was a fast kid.

Owen finally stopped in his tracks, "it was right here. They had a portal right here. But...I can't identify the power. It wasn't made by one of us, it's pure. It feels like pure electricity power. Not anything but that."

"But that doesn't make any sense!" The Weird-o shook his head, "no one has pure power. Everyone leaves a trace! Max's powers feel like a Merrywell's powers, Sheria's has the markings of a Mellissa, Heather's is just so strong that she creates her own power feeling."

"What does Miss. Heather Mellissa's powers feel like?" Owen asked.

"An unstoppable force that's about to ram into you and be the end of you." Rheannah commented as a joke, "It's just a really strong power with a signed feeling."

"No, this definitely feels like raw power, couldn't be a person."

"If you want to know Heather's power, it feels like this," Dawnlight had shown up and handed Owen Heather's bow, "This is her weapon. It feels the most like her next to her amulet." Dawnlight was wearing Heather's amulet. She took it off and handed it to Owen as well, "Can you feel it? Is it her?"

"No, not at all. I don't feel any power on this at all."

"But that's weird. I feel it." I stated, "it's very strong and potent."

"I can feel the Merrywell, the Nublanc, some Mellissa, and that's about it. But you have a very weird feeling." Owen pointed to me, "you don't feel like a pure Merrywell. You've got hints of darkness in you."

"That darkness is Heather's power I'm guessing." Rheannah shrugged, "it probably looks tainted against us."

Owen shook his head, "it's strong but cold. Dark. It's like pure darkness compared to you."

Rheannah shrugged, "Tainted for sure."

"Tainted or not, that's Heather's power. Can you trace it?" I asked of Owen.

He shook his head, "You said this girl was from where?"

"Issola."

"She probably has a power masking spell. She wanted to be untraceable. Only someone who has been around her can feel it."

"Damnit can't you feel it off the amulet? It's an artifact! It's Thalia's amulet!" I shouted at Owen. Suddenly the amulet began to glow. I took the amulet out of Owen's hands and glared at it. Why was it reacting to me? I thought I made it very clear I was done dealing with Heather and her messed up life.