Chapter 8. Heather

"Uh...Sheria..."

"Heather! Heather! Don't touch her!" Sheria shrieked.

Some man came close to me. I opened my eyes wide. When he came to me, I quickly sat up and grabbed the bow. I drew back as if there were a string and an arrow on it. One created itself out of fire. I blinked once as my eyes flashed over orange the color of flames. "I wouldn't try that if I were you."

The man took a few steps back in shock, "H-how?!"

"She must've bonded with someone!" The ring-leader man shouted.

"Who she doesn't know anyone!"

"It doesn't matter it just means she's stronger." Bonded? Stronger? Was I bonded to Max?

I shot an arrow at a man, piercing him in the shoulder, "shut up and let my sister go." I drew back an arrow. Only this time I had several. I aimed my bow up to the sky, "I'd let go of her if I were you. You don't know where these arrows are going to land and it's hard to run while holding her." They did exactly as I said as soon as I launched about 20 arrows in the sky then set myself aflame and started throwing flames everywhere. I created a shield around Sheria while I chased after them, throwing flames everywhere. None of them wanted to touch me it seemed.

Right after they wanted me and shot me dead earlier.

Go figure, I know.

I ran into the shield, grabbed Sheria out of it, and took off running back home, "we need to get out of here now."

"Then let's get out of here!" She shrieked again as we both ran as fast as we could home. By the time we got there, we were dirty and my clothes were signed—but this kid who always followed me around school (stalker) was sitting drinking a juice box at the kitchen table.

"Heather! Sheria! Oh my gosh what happened to you two?!" My mother preached as if we walked out of a grave. I noticed I never pulled the arrow out that was still lodged in the center of my chest. Oops.

I pulled the bloody arrow out as the wound healed itself quickly. That was different. I just placed the bloody arrow on the kitchen table next to the bow.

"There were these men and they wanted Heather then they were going to kill me but Heather took the shot and I thought she died but then she got back up and was throwing fire everywhere and that bow I tripped over it buried in the mud in the forest but Heather was able to make arrows of fire and shoot the men then we ran." Sheria rambled and babbled on and on while my mother tended to her wounds first. I put the bow down—which was not on fire—on the kitchen table as I sighed and took a seat on the opposite end of the table from the weird-o stalker kid. He looked right at me, "Fire as your main power huh? And what's this about dying?" He was ten—three years older than I was.

"I think I died. I saw a man there. Max was his name. He told me about his sister named Rheannah. I have to find him I know he's out there somewhere."

The Weird-o just shook his head at me, "do you know how many Maxs there are in the universe?"

"How many have sisters named Rheannah?" I crossed my arms.

"You do have a point there however there is no point in searching. You were probably just dreaming or something."

I shook my head, "I know I wasn't."

"How?"

"Because I was dead and now I'm not."

"Bonded at the soul. He's dead. You bonded to his soul."

I denied the fact, "I have no idea what you're talking about, but he's not dead. He's out there."

Seeing that he wasn't going to win, the Weird-o sighed, "I'll take you to your dream date after you train. We need to train you first to use your powers since they came in. My job was to monitor your class for unique abilities. I was told about your scripture reading today."

"I bet wherever he is he can read them too."

"He probably can. Now, are you willing to transfer schools to learn? You'll be going to the one where you learn how to use powers. You'll be in harder classes but I'll be here to teach you. Think of me as your personal trainer."

I wrinkled my nose, "does it have to be you weird-o?"

He just nodded, "Do you think I want to train a bratty kid?"

"You are just as bratty as I am. You follow me around."

"The correct term is stalk."

"Stalker."

Yet I agreed to go with him to a school where I could train. He himself had earth as his main power—just like Sheria, who joined me in the later years. It wasn't until I was twelve that everything started to change. I was no longer just a young girl with powers.

I was a young girl that was extremely dangerous with power.

And not only was I extremely dangerous. I was extremely valuable.

Part I / Two Children of the Future / End