Chapter 16. Sheria

And there I was, whisked away to the UWT, the largest city of all of our "underground" magical cities so to say. The UWT had actual skyscrapers and it typically was night there Dawnlight told me. I had just arrived there for the very first time.

"Well welcome to the Universe Watch Tower. We should be able to research everything and anything here. And if anyone has seen Heather we should be able to find out here." Josh told me as we walked the city streets. They were crowded with traffic of cars that ran on electricity and people walking. Talk about a city really going 'green'.

"Where are we going while we're here? Has Heather been here before?" I asked quite a few questions.

"She actually hasn't been here yet. I didn't want to take her into the city if she didn't need to be here. It's quite overwhelming for kids your age. I'm glad you're handeling it well right now." Josh sighed, "I should've kept a better watch on her Nellie's gonna kill me."

I gave him a funny look, "You know Nellie on a personal level?"

"Yeah, I do. She assigned me to be Heather's guardian. She actually pulled me out of class to visit her. Dawn came too, remember Dawn?"

"Yeah, I remember, can we focus on finding her before anything bad happens to her now? We can't let a girl like her roam around for too long someone will find her and they won't let her be." Dawnlight seemed a bit under pressure here. She seemed more concerned than Josh, and Josh was directly responsible for Heather. It didn't make much sense to me at all. Why would Dawnlight feel responsible?

Josh nodded to his sister, "yeah, let's go check into the hotel and rest. We've been traveling all day. If we persist to work we'll just hurt ourselves and waste our energy. I have a meeting set up with Nellie tomorrow in the later morning so we should be fine time wise. We all need rest, even you Dawn. You've been more worried about her than I have. I know she can defend herself well and she has her bow. As long as she has that necklace of hers and that bow she should be fine. Nothing can stop her then. Those are both two strong artifacts that will protect her until the end and even then they won't stop."

"What do you mean?" I asked, "The necklace was our grandmother's necklace and the bow we found in the mud outside."

"That necklace belongs to Thalia. It's Thalia's bow and Thalia's heart amulet. Both are very very powerful items. If they fall into the wrong hands they could be destructive, however both items seem to listen to and protect Heather undoubtfully. Because of that, if anyone tries to take them from Heather I'm sure they'll give her all their power, rendering those items useless and save Heather from any peril that she is in."

"But why does Heather have those things?" I asked, "why aren't they kept safe anywhere else?"

Dawnlight sighed, "because they were stolen and lost. The artifacts have souls of their own. It is said the Lords left a piece of them in each item. Heather has both of Thalia's items, so I'm guessing Heather is a direct decedent of Thalia and received her blessing."

"No Dawn, I had Heather looked at. She's of all four branches. Thalia is just Issola's protector so Thalia must have knew Heather's fate and protected her. I don't blame her, that girl has skill but does need help and protection. We'll find her. She probably can't wait to get home. She's probably scared half to death the poor thing."

I ask one final question, "you think Heather will find Max before we do?"

"I'm not so sure, honestly Sheria. All we have to dois find Max. If we find this kid then he can lead us to Heather, or perhaps wewill have found Heather there."