Chapter 3

By the end of the week I had made a ton of friends. Mostly Laura's friends, but that didn't matter. Tonight we are having a big sleepover at Laura's house with almost 10 girls. School was over for the week and I had to go home and pack and then to Laura's house. This was going to be a first sleepover in a while. I have moved so many times to different cities all over the world, that I never made friends this quickly to hang out like I am. I guess this time it's different.

"Where are you going?" My dad asked me as I walked down the stairs.

"To my friend's house to sleepover," I replied.

"Need a ride?"

"No thanks, I can walk."

My dad nodded his head and walked back down into the basement where he kept his lab stuff. My dad is always focused on his work and never on me. I'm used to it. It's been that way since I was little.

I walked out the front door and towards Laura's house. She had texted me the address and I put it into my phone. Her house was just down the street which was very nice, so I could walk.

I had a car and I nice one, but it's really old. I have a light blue bug convertible. It was my grandparent's, but they gave it to me when I moved here last week. There is something wrong with the engine, so it doesn't go more than 2 kilometers. But, I don't want to tell my grandparents and make them pay for the repair. My dad knows and I told I will find the money to repair it.

I'm really stubborn when it comes to do things my own way. Everyone thinks because I'm small, I can't do anything on my own and I have to be watched over, but I don't. I like being independent.

I liked Brighton so far. Living the suburbs was nice too. You could walk around easily and it was very beautiful. I would comment about the sea being so close, but everywhere I've lives had a ocean near by with my dad being a marine biologist.

I continued walking and thought about Harry. This whole week he made my life miserable, but I just sent him insults and thing like that. Yesterday we had this big argument in the hallway. Everyone watched us fight. No one won, but it got intense. Harry knows how to get on my nerves and enjoys doing it. What have I done to him? He started all of this on Monday. And everyone knows about it. They all know how I turned down Harry. I've gotten the a lot of street cred for it too.

I arrived at the house. Her house was cream color with a blue door. It was little larger than mine saying that there was more than 2 people living in Laura's house. The walked up to the front door straightening my shirt and making sure I looked okay. A lady in her mid 40s answered the door.

"You must be Sal. I'm Annie, Laura's mum. The girls are already upstairs in Laura's room. Her room is the second door on the left. I'll be down here if you need anything." Annie told me leading me to the stairwell.

"Ok thank you," I replied as I walked up the stairs. I reached Laura's room and opened the door.

"You're here!" Laura shouted embracing me in a hug.

"We were just talking about how Jack was staring at you today," Emily told me

"He was?" I asked shocked.

Jack was this boy at school. He was in a lot of my classes and we had talked a little this week. He seemed nice and he was really cute. He had brown shaggy hair and blue eyes.

"Yep. He couldn't take his eyes off of you," Kate said.

"He is cute insist he?" I asked sitting down with everyone with a large smile on my face.  

We continued our conversation about Jack and other boys in our year. Laura had a big crush on this boy named Sam. He was the caption of the school's football team. We kept telling her to ask him out, but she refused.

"Soooo, you and Harry," Laura said trailing off.

I groaned and rolled my eyes.

"Can we please not talk about him? I know you guys might think he is hot, but he is really rude and obnoxious to me. I hate him," I told everyone.

"We know you do," Sara laughed.

"You two in the hallway yesterday was pretty cool though," Marina added.

"You can be mean when you want to be," Laura said.

"You heard her," I laughed as I acted tough, "you guys don't want to mess with me."

We all were laughing at my previous actions and the other girls tried to imitate me.

"Wait have any of you guys "done it" with Harry?" I asked kind of nervous to know the answer.

"I haven't," Lucy said and all the other girls nodded agreeing.

"Just a few heavy make out sessions," Laura added and all the girls nodded again. I rolled my eyes at all of them, but they just laughed. I quickly changed the subject off of Harry and his lips. He should really be the last thing I should be thinking about. But somehow I could get him off of my mind.

The rest of the night we gossiped and laughed. I was having so much. I don't think I have ever been like this. This is what I dreamed about being a teenage girl that stayed in one place and had friends.

Everything was turning out all-right.

Keep voting and commenting!!! Thanks :) xx