Chapter 65

One month later...

"It's now or never." I spoke holding Harry's hand.

We sat in his car ready to turn onto his street of his childhood home. Two weeks ago I finally convinced Harry to go see his family. We called and told them the news. They were all ecstatic. We told them we would come up in two weeks and here we are today.

During the past month, Harry and I have grown so much closer. He has told me things about his family, which he said he has never told anyone. He used to steal cookies out of the jar when no one was looking and would stay up at night and sneak into his sister's room, Gemma. He has always likes cars since the neighbor across the street bought an old Camaro. Just small things like that, but knowing those things about Harry made me see him in a whole new way. He wasn't always the big tough guy he claimed to be. He was a person, a human being.

The four hour drive was long to the house, but it gave Harry a long time to prepare. I can tell he is trying to unwind his nerves, but he still looked nervous. If I were him, my mind would be buzzing. If I agreed to see my mother again, which I would never, I wouldn't know what to think or even say.

"What if they don't like this 'me'? I've grown up. I've gotten tattoos. I've-"

"Harry, don't be silly. They love you. They told you that they love you last night. They say they love you every time you speak with them. You're the family."

He didn't respond. He slowly drove the car down his street. I looked around the neighborhood. The house were very small and skinny. I could tell that some of the houses were vacant because the windows were boarded up and the door had a piece of paper on it. In front of each house was a small garden with dead flowers and bushes. Shutters were hanging loose from windows and shingles fell off the roof stops.

"I hate this place." He muttered. "I'm sorry you have to see this place."

My heart sank thinking of Harry as a young boy growing up here. He stayed quiet and stopped the car in front of one of the nicer looking houses.

"No, it's fine. I want to know about your life, all of it." I smile at him and his lips curve upwards, but then drop.

"I don't think I can do this." He flustered.

"Yes you can. I'll be in there the whole time." I encouraged.

"Promise?

"Promise."

Harry slowly got out of the car using the door this time because he had the cover on it this time. He hurried over and opened my door and I got out.

"This is it." He said awkwardly and I took his hand and pull him towards the door.

Harry hesitantly knocked on the door and I could hear heavy footsteps hurry towards the door. Harry took a step back, but I pulled him back close to me.

The door flung open and a beautiful women in her mid forties with dark down hair appeared before us and tears began to fall from her eyes.

"Harry." She trembled and Harry stared in awe. I shook my head a little and pushed him towards his mum.

He wrapped his arms around her body and hugged with so much force I could feel it from a foot away. She sobbed into his chest and he held her close. My set my hand on my heart and smiled at the loving sighting.

"Harry?!" Another voice yelled.

Gemma came running down the hall and joined the hug.

"Son?" Mr. Style's voice scared me slightly because I didn't see him come down the hall.