Chapter 61

"How did we start dating?" Sal asked.

"Uhh, well before we were dating you were dating thus guys named Jack," I explained my fist clenching at the word 'Jack'.

"I don't that name. I have a bad feeling about him," she replied holding her stomach.

"You dated him, but he cheated on you. You figured out at this party he through for you at his house. I was there. That was the night we started dating," I continued.

"If we both hated each other, then what happened?"

"Uh...," I stumbled.

I just have to say we slept together.

"Well, you were upset and I was annoying you. You got really mad at me and I guess I just kissed you."

"And then we were dating?"

"Uh, not exactly. We went back to a bedroom and-"

"Oh, I get it," she stopped me looking down.

"We told each other we love you first, before anything happen," I rushed.

She nodded slowly.

"Let's go drive around some more. We can go into town and back to your old house," I suggested and she nodded again.

"And to the museum?" She wondered finally speaking up.

"Of course. We can go wherever you want. Even down to the pier if you want."

"Really? Can we go tonight?"

"Yeah, tonight sounds good. Should we invite your grandparents or?

"They won't like to pier, they aren't into all that stuff."

"So, just us. You okay with that?" I asked her as we got in my car.

"Yeah, I trust you, Harry."

A rush of relief crashed over me and I couldn't keep the smile on my lips from dropping.

I drove us around town and she just stared out the window. The soft sound of music came from the radio, but Sal and I shared no words. I decided that we should go back to her old house and let her look around there.

Sal's father's company still owned the house and I called this morning explaining our situation and they let us come over and look at the house. They told me the key was in the front planter.

"This is your old house," I told her as I parked the car on the street outside.

"I remember this place," she replied quickly getting out of the car and rushing up to the house.

"Wait!" I yell getting our of the car and going after her. "I'll get the key."

I grab the key from the planter and open the front door and Sal ran inside.

"I know this place. I remember it. I remember moving boxes in and not wanting to unpack because I knew i would be leaving in a few moths either way. I remember my dad forgetting to pick me up from school and being mad at him," she whispered running her hands over the walls and wood works.

"This is good. This is really good," I smiled and walked up to her.

"The garage," the words fall from her pink lips. "That's where you fixed my car."

"Yeah, you took a picture of me and painted it," I grinned.

"Yeah and you helped me with the brush strokes, I remember that day, well here at least completely," she smiled.