Chapter 6

It was Saturday afternoon and I decided to start getting ready for my date with Jack tonight.

I chose to wear a loose flowy style shirt and my new floral shorts. I took a long shower making sure not to miss a spot when shaving my legs. I knew I could let my hair air dry into loose way curls but I decided to blow dry it so I could style it the way I pleased.

After my hair was done and I put on a little makeup. Just some foundation, a little makeup, and my lipgloss. I never leave the house without my lipgloss. It's my must have. I put on my clothes. It was about time for Jack to pick me up so I slid on my vans and made sure I looked good in the mirror.

I walked down stairs grabbing my purse. My dad told me he was going to be working late tonight on his boat, so I didn't even bother telling him about my date. He wouldn't of cared either way. He never does.

I sat down on my bar stools in the kitchen. Before I knew it there was a knock on my door. A smile appeared on my face and I stood up walking over to the door. I made sure my I looked okay before opening the door.

Jack was wearing jeans and a white polo. He looked very nice.

"You look beautiful," Jack said. I could feel my cheeks become red from his words.

"You don't look half bad yourself," I giggled. Jack chuckled and took my hand into his. I closed the door behind me and we got into Jack's car.

"So since you just moved here, I had thought that I should take you to one of the best places in town. It's not fancy but the food is amazing. It's right on the water too," Jack explained as we drove down the road.

"Oh ok. Sounds good."

Jack asked me about why I moved to Brighton. I told him about my dad's job. Thankfully he didn't ask my mum. I don't really feel comfortable discussing that with anyone yet.

"So how are you liking Brighton so far these first two weeks?" Jack asked.

"I love it! I've met some really great people."

"Yeah the people are here a good but they're are a few exceptions," Jack said getting quieter and slower at the end.

"So, you've heard about Harry and I?" I asked.

"Yeah, I am sorry about him."

"No need to apologize for him. He's just mean nothing you can do about it."

"I know, but I still feel bad."

"Let's just not let Harry ruin this. Lets talk about something."

The last thing I wanted to do on my date with Jack was talk about Harry.

"Ok," Jack smiled.

We continued talking about school and other thing as we drove to the restaurant. When we arrived Jack opened my door for me. Just another reason for me to like him. He's such a gentleman.

We waked into the restaurant and the hostess showed us to our table. We had a small table in the back that looked over the water. Our waiter got us drinks and then we ordered food. The food came relatively fast. Jack and I ate and made conversation.

"So what do you do in your free time?" Jack asked.

"Um I usually just hang out and stuff," I lied. I'm not going to tell Jack about my sketch pad or anything about how I do art.

"I play football with my mates, but I don't play on a team or anything."

"Sounds fun. When I lived in South America I would go to football games a lot because I lived so close to the stadium."

"Wow. You really have lived everywhere."

"Yep. Well I grew up in a little town outside of London until I was 4. Then my dad got his job and I've lived everywhere. I'm glad to be back in England though. I've missed it here."

"Thats amazing being able to travel the world."

"It's been a blessing and a curse."

By now we had finished our food and we continued to talk. I began to really like Jack a lot more. He drove me back to my house and walked me to my door. My dads car still wasn't here so I didn't have to worry about him.

"Goodnight. I had a really great time," Jack said leaning in. His lips touched mine lightly before me pulled it away. It was a delicate kiss. It was perfect. I bit my bottom lip and smiled. Jack returned the smile.

"I had a great time too. Night."

I opened my front door and slipped inside. I closed the door behind me. That was a perfect date. I went upstairs and cleaned my face and changed into my pajamas. I got in bed and my imagination began to wonder.

I laid bed thinking of the one thing that I shouldn't be.

Harry.

I know this was a boring chapter but I need to have it. More drama will be coming I promise!! So what do you think Harry's reaction will be to the date?!? Keep commenting and voting!! xx