Chapter 37

Harry’s POV

Sal’s father was not what I was expecting. Not too be rude, but I thought he was going to be some small nerd like scientist. No he much bigger than that and didn’t have the glasses I presumed. He also showed no emotion when I told him I dating Sal. He just stared at me like he was deciding if he likes me. I hope he does.

We walked outside towards our cars. Sal is going to ride with her father and follow me to the restaurant. I don’t think I have ever been nervous. Especially not like this. When I was I was younger I was nervous to go to school because I would be picked on, but I am way past that stage in my life. I was nervous that Sal’s father would hate me and say we couldn’t be together or some shit just like the movies and we would have to sneak around again. I’ll just have to be on my best behavior I guess. When Sal and Mr. Page were in their car I backed out and started towards the road. Their car followed behind me.

We arrived at the restaurant quickly. I made sure I drove my best here. I didn’t ignore any traffic laws or go super fast. I drove normally; it was weird. I got out of the car and fixed my jacket. I can’t believe I am wearing this. I had always planned showing up to graduation in jeans and a t-shirt, but Sal said it was a big deal, so for her I got dressed up.

I saw Sal and he father walking my way, so I smiled and joined them at the door. Her father kept his gaze on me and I started to become nervous again. Why the hell is he taking so long to figure out if I am good enough? Make up your damn mind and be done with it.

I opened the door for Sal and I was going to also hold the door for Mr. Page, but instead he waved me inside and held the door for himself.  He won’t even accept a simple gesture. I sighed and wrapped my arm around Sal as he stood at the host podium.

“How may I help you sir?” The man asked.

“Reservation for Styles,” I answered. I turned around seeing Mr. Page looking at my arm around Sal. I should probably let go, but instead I pulled her closer to me. If he wanted to be rude to me, I could be a jerk right back. I don’t care who he is.

“Here it is,” the man said and pulled out three menus.

He waved us over to follow him to our seats. It was a small round table in the back on the nice restaurant. I had never eaten here before, but it looked like a nice place and I want to treat Sal. Mr. Page stayed quiet and stared at the menu. He was really getting on my nerves. I placed my hand on Sal’s thigh underneath the table. She sent me a wide-eyed glare and gestured to her father. I just chuckled and she shook her head. She looked at the menu as I rubbed her thigh. She kept trying to swat my hand away, but I wasn’t going to give up that easy. Mr. Page would continually look at his menu and then at me. Every time he would do this I would send him a glare and just smirk.

“I’ve heard the food here is really good,” Sal said interrupting my thoughts. I knew she would feel tension in the air and was trying to break the ice.

“It should be,” I agreed.

“What do you think you’re going to get dad?” She asked.

"Don’t know,” he shrugged. She frowned and looked at me with pleading eyes.

“What am I supposed to do?” I whispered to her.

“I don’t know, but we’ve gotta do something,” She whispered back. I nodded and looked back at the stubborn man.

“What do you do for work?” I asked Mr. Page. I already knew the answer, but his silence was killing me.

“I’m a marine biologist. Do you have job?” He retaliated.