Chapter 43

“Can we talk now?” Sal asked me after I had finished making us two cups of coffee. Sal wore one of my old flannel shirts, which was more like a dress of her and a pair of sweat pants. She took the coffee cup into both of her hands bringing the mug to her lips as she sat down crisscross on the couch.

I nodded and joined her on the couch. I would be lying if I said I wasn’t worried. I have no idea what she is about to say. She could say she wants nothing to do with me, or we needed a break. I can’t let that happen. Especially not after the phone call with JD this morning. I have to protect her. If she leaves me then he will be able to take her and if that happens I don’t know what I what do. I’d probably kill him.

“I’m scared,” she bursted out catching me by surprise.

“Why baby?” I asked concerned.

“Of you getting hurt,” she said softly.

I started laughing; I didn’t mean to, but I did.

“It’s not funny Harry! You could die!”

“I’m sorry princess, but don’t worry about me. I’m more worried about you.”

“But someone is not trying to kill me!”

“I’m also going to worry about you.”’

“You shouldn’t. I can take care myself. I’m not some little girl.”

I laughed again accidently, but put my hand over my mouth trying to stop myself.  

“Stop!” She whined getting mad.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry.”

She pouted her lips setting down her cup and crossing her arms across her chest.

“Are you still mad at me, like did you make a decision?” I asked hesitantly looking down refusing to meet her eyes.

“Harry…,” she sighed, “I just don’t like this position you’re in.”

“I’ll try to stop. I really will. For you.”

 Sal smiled, but doesn’t say anything.

“But I can’t promise anything.”

Sal smiles dropped. Shit.

“But you’ll try?”

“Of course angel.”

Sal crawled over into my lap and nuzzled her head into my chest.

“I’m still worried about JD.”

“Don’t be. Everything is going to be okay,” I said rubbing her back and kissing the top of her head.

“How can you be so sure?”

“I just am.”

There was no way in hell I was ever going to tell Sal about my phone call with JD this morning. But I know I must protect her.

*****

“Let’s go somewhere” I suggested.

It was now Friday and I was bored out of my mind. Yesterday Sal and I talked for hours yesterday on the couch as it rained and rained. It was getting late and if I didn’t get out of this house I will go insane.

“But what about JD?” Sal said like I was suggested something riskful.

“We’ve been out before when he was here. You just didn’t know,” I reasoned.

She furrowed her brows bit her lip.

“Fine,” she huffed, “Where do you want to go?”

“Where ever you want to go.”

“Let’s go to the mall. I haven’t bought any clothes in months.”

“Ok.”

I grabbed my keys and Sal grabbed her bag as we headed towards the door. I opened the door to the car for Sal before getting in myself. I haven’t been to this mall in forever either. I think I’ve only been here once a few years ago.

“What kind of clothes are you looking for?” I asked gripping onto Sal’s hand.

“I some new jeans and some tops. Maybe a swimsuit or two.”

Fuck. A swimsuit?

I would love to see Sal in a bikini.

“Ok,” I gulped.

“Where to first?” I asked.

“Zara,” she smiled happily pulling me into the store.

****

“I think they’re both too small,” she sighed in her dressing room.

I sat down on a bench outside patiently waiting for her to come out and show me the top and jeans she had on.

“Let me see,” I told me.

The door opened and Sal appeared. She had on a red loose button up top with short sleeves and I pair of dark jeans. She looked beautiful. I think I liked these jeans more than her other ones that I adore so much.

“What do you mean? You look amazing!”

“Really? I think I could use a bigger size.”

“You don’t need a bigger size. You look perfect. I’ll buy them for you.”

"No, no, no. Don’t buy me anything. I can pay for myself.”

“But I want to treat you.”

“I don’t care. I have money, so you don’t need to buy me anything.”

I knew that arguing any further would be pointless. Sal is extremely stubborn which is both annoying and sexy, but I love it either way. It is what makes Sal, Sal.

Sal bought those items and we were off to the next store.

“You should try this on,” I said handing Sal a short leather skirt grinning.

“Perv,” she scoffed pushing the Topshop skirt back to me.

“Me!? I was just trying to help you pick out clothes. And maybe help you try them on,” I winked. Sal rolled her eyes and continues pulling things off the rack.

I went to put the skirt that Sal refused to try on back where I had found it and maybe find something that she would agree to put on that would make me happy. I grabbed two dressed and went back to where Sal was.

I didn’t see her, so I looked around. I started to get a little worried. I had only let her out of my sight for a minute no more. I dropped the dressed to the floor not giving a shit about them.

“Sal!?” I shouted running through the store looking for her. No response.

Shit. Damn. Fuck.

“Sal?!” I yelled. Several people stared and scolded at me for running and yelling in the store.

She couldn’t of gotten too far. I can’t believe I told myself I would protect her and now I’ve lost her. My hand were sweating and my pupils dilated. My breathing increased every second I didn’t see her.

Where the fuck was this girl?!

JD

15 VOTES AND 5 COMMENTS FOR AN UPDATE!!!

ALSO READ MY NEW FANFIC CALLED REGRET!!!!